By Jay Rogers
Published November 16, 2014
The civil rights movement of the 21st century is called Personhood. Long after abortion becomes a settled issue and a thing of a past dark age, we will be dealing with end of life issues, cloning, in vitro fertilization issues, artificial wombs, genetic engineering, animal-human hybrids, nanotechnology, singularity, cyborgism, transhumanism.
This biological time-bomb is ticking and is about to explode. The Church is unprepared to deal with many profound implications that are coming at us fast. All of these advances in biology can be reformed by recognizing the Personhood of all human beings from biological beginnings to natural death. That’s why you should become part of the Personhood effort in your state.
The Personhood movement also holds the promise for bringing righteousness, liberty, long life and prosperity to the whole human race. There are Godly applications for genetic research to cure diseases and reverse aging. But the acid test is Personhood. That is, we are each made in the image of God. Therefore, the dignity and sanctity of life must be respected and preserved in all research and application.
People have been searching for immortality for thousands of years, but we’ve only known what the DNA molecule looks like for about 50 years. The reason we age is that DNA breaks down and does not replicate the same way as when we are young. Some reading this will live to see that a lifespan of 100 to 120-years-old is commonplace. I believe this will happen eventually, but God will not allow it to come until the Gospel has sufficiently leavened the world. Among certain people, I believe this gift of long life is coming soon. Imagine what a gift it would be for a 75-year-old to enjoy the physical health he enjoyed as a 25-year-old, knowing everything he knows now. But in the depraved reprobate man, this could be a source of great evil. Why did God choose to limit man’s lifespan after the Flood? It was because prior to the Flood and after, man created a race of Nephilim — men of renown whose long lifespans made them capable of attaining a god-like status.
Currently, a 20-year old with $10,000 in mutual funds investing just $100 a month will be a millionaire by age 70. If this investment is allowed to accrue until age 170, it will be approaching a billion. With this amount of money, a person could become a petty dictator in some countries. For example, if I had had $1 million, 23 years ago during the collapse of the Soviet Union, I could have started my own kingdom. If I had had $1 billion, I could have bought up most of the land in several central Asian Republics and averted several civil wars. There were entire nations where the gross national product was about $5 billion in 1995.
God simply doesn’t allow that to occur on a mass scale by limiting our lifespan. However, we are now breaking down language barriers with the Internet and computers. And soon, due to genetic breakthroughs we will have long lifespans as in the days of the patriarchs.
How many people can say that they are in better physical shape at age 50 or 60 than they were at age 30 due to their nutrition, health and fitness? I was looking at some photos of my grandfather who died of leukemia at age 63. Then I compare him to my father and the difference is amazing. It is certainly possible to still be “young” at age 60 or 70. Now imagine you could extend that to age 120.
I believe that long term, God intends on giving Christians long life and wisdom. Then He intends on transferring great wealth into the hands of Godly people who will literally be able to take dominion of the earth, similar to what Joseph was able to accomplish in just 14 years in the whole known world of his day. Joseph lived to be 110. If you are 55 or less, you should consider your life is not half over. So it is crucial that we maintain control over the advances in genetic research that are coming soon. The vision of the Personhood movement is to ensure this knowledge is used toward greater liberty and to protect the sanctity of life.
- The Forerunner: America's campus newspaper
- The Forerunner Weblog: Archived blog articles by category
- The Boston Awakening: It's time for another Great Awakening!
- Predvestnik: Articles translated from the Russian language Forerunner
- Russian Predvestnik: Russian Forerunner (in Russian!)
- The Mandate: China's Christian newspaper
- El Campeón: Spanish Champion (in Spanish!)
- Pakistani Forerunner: Articles on Christian foundations in Urdu!
- Turkish Forerunner: Apologetics for Christians in Turkey!
- The Champion: Proclaiming the Crown Rights of King Jesus!
- The Puritan Storm: A chronicle of the neo-Puritan revival
- Chalcedon Report: Articles from the magazine by staff and friends
- Why Creeds and Confessions? Foundations in Biblical Orthodoxy
- The Four Keys to the Millennium: Foundations in Biblical Eschatology
- In The Days of These Kings: The Book of Daniel in Preterist Perspective
DVDs & Online Videos
- The Abortion Matrix: Ending Child Sacrifice and the Culture of Death
- The Real Jesus: A Defense of the Historicity and Divinity of Christ
- God's Law and Society: Now includes a free Study Guide!
- The Beast of Revelation: Identified: Ken Gentry's powerful teaching
- Abortion Clinic 911 Calls: Exposing the Dangers of Abortion to Women
- Amazing Grace: The History and Theology of Calvinism
- A Revival Account Asbury 1970: What is true Revival?
- Massacre of Innocence: The Occult Roots of Abortion
- World Changers: A Blueprint for Revival and Reformation
- Jesus Christ: Lord of All of Life! 1998 Reconstruction Conference
- U.S. Taxpayers Party: 1997 National Committee meeting
- Melbourne's Abortion Industry: Exposing the evil of abortion
- Florida's Abortion Industry: Exposing the unfrutiful deeds of darkness
- Abortion Wars: An open letter to the pro-life community
- Pro-life Videos: Streaming videos about pro-life activism
- Pro-life Florida: Pro-life resources for the state of Florida
- Personhood Florida: Constitutional Personhood for all human beings
- Personhood USA: Protecting the pre-born by love and by law
- Life Coalition International: Reports from pro-life missionaries
- The Counselor Corps: Pro-life health referral counselors
- Theonomy FAQ: Frequently asked questions on theonomy
- Theonomy Debate: Is theonomy exegetically sound?
- Pass The Word: Political cartoons and articles
- Second American Revolution: Clips from God's Law and Society
- The Christian Statesman: Christian publication founded in 1864
The Hall of Church History
- Creeds and Confessions: Patristic Creeds and Reformed Confessions
- Church Fathers: Writings of the Ante-Nicene Fathers
Foundations in Biblical Eschatology
By Jay Rogers, Larry Waugh, Rodney Stortz, Joseph Meiring. High quality paperback, 167 pages.
All Christians believe that their great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will one day return. Although we cannot know the exact time of His return, what exactly did Jesus mean when he spoke of the signs of His coming (Mat. 24)? How are we to interpret the prophecies in Isaiah regarding the time when “the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea” (Isa. 11:19)? Should we expect a time of great tribulation and apostasy or revival and reformation before the Lord returns? Is the devil bound now, and are the saints reigning with Christ? Did you know that there are four hermeneutical approaches to the book of Daniel and Revelation?
These and many more questions are dealt with by four authors as they present the four views on the millennium. Each view is then critiqued by the other three authors.
$12.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
That Swiss Hermit Strikes Again!
Dr. Schaeffer, who was one of the most influential Christian thinkers in the twentieth century, shows that secular humanism has displaced the Judeo-Christian consensus that once defined our nation’s moral boundaries. Law, education, and medicine have all been reshaped for the worse as a consequence. America’s dominant worldview changed, Schaeffer charges, when Christians weren’t looking.
Schaeffer lists two reasons for evangelical indifference: a false concept of spirituality and fear. He calls on believers to stand against the tyranny and moral chaos that come when humanism reigns-and warns that believers may, at some point, be forced to make the hard choice between obeying God or Caesar. A Christian Manifesto is a thought-provoking and bracing Christian analysis of American culture and the obligation Christians have to engage the culture with the claims of Christ.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Download the Free Study Guide!
Just what is Calvinism?
Does this teaching make man a deterministic robot and God the author of sin? What about free will? If the church accepts Calvinism, won’t evangelism be stifled, perhaps even extinguished? How can we balance God’s sovereignty and man’s responsibility? What are the differences between historic Calvinism and hyper-Calvinism? Why did men like Augustine, Luther, Calvin, Spurgeon, Whitefield, Edwards and a host of renowned Protestant evangelists embrace the teaching of predestination and election and deny free will theology?
This is the first video documentary that answers these and other related questions. Hosted by Eric Holmberg, this fascinating three-part, four-hour presentation is detailed enough so as to not gloss over the controversy. At the same time, it is broken up into ten “Sunday-school-sized” sections to make the rich content manageable and accessible for the average viewer.
Running Time: 257 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)