Here are some of my latest comments relating to some of the articles and video projects found at The Forerunner. Check back for my thoughts on eschatology, world missions, God’s Law and Society, pro-life activism, evangelism testimonies, Neo-Puritanism, revival and spiritual awakening, church history, and so on. Use the navigation sidebar to see Forerunner Blog articles by category or see the blog archive for the category listing.
If you caught any of the Putin interview last night, you were treated first to a 20-minute dissertation on the history of Rus over a period of twelve centuries. Putin asked Tucker if he thought it was boring at one point. It was actually funny to see Tucker’s face as he struggled to see how this history related to the Ukraine war.
Within minutes, Liberal commentators accused Putin of propagandizing with a “revisionist history.”Read more
Tucker's Putin interview exposes Liberal media hypocrisy Click play to connect to youtube Great men are sometimes known by their first and last names plus their initials or middle names. This distinguishes them from other great men. We…Read more
Although tradition does not rule our interpretation, it does guide it. If upon reading a particular passage you have come up with an interpretation that has escaped the notice of every other Christian for two thousand years, or has been championed by universally recognized heretics, chances are pretty good that you had better abandon your interpretation (R.C. Sproul, The Agony of Deceit, 34-35).
What is the difference?
Scripture alone, sola Scriptura, is not the same as Scripture only, solo Scriptura.1 To put it in other terms, to say that Scripture alone is the only rule of faith and practice – or as the Westminster Catechism says, “is the only rule to direct us how we may glorify and enjoy him” – is quite different than to say that only Scripture is the guide to all truth.Read more
A power struggle among Ukraine’s ultra-nationalists looms on the horizon. The Nazi problem has only increased since 2022 and must be addressed. Although it sounds cruel, self-cleansing is the ideal way.Read more
In a recent 60 Minutes Interview, the interviewer and and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy made several dubious claims. In the “following video”: https://youtu.be/-cw3gulknl0 I debunk several points.
- The domino theory. Putin plans to conquer the whole of Europe.
- Putin is not the enemy. The enemy is the whole of the Russian people who support Putin.
- Russia bombs civilians and commits war crimes. Ukraine does not. Ukraine does not hit civilian targets in Russia with drones. If they do, they have a right to.
- If only the West had given Ukraine more weapons they would have defeated Russia. Now the whole world has to unite to defeat Russia to avoid (or cause?) WWIII.
- The war (and cocaine addiction?) has taken a toll on Zelensky.
- Russia (1.3 million troops) and Ukraine (500,000) have no professional army left.
- Putin will go on threatening nuclear war. (He’s never done so in any speech or statement.)
- The interviewer asks about Ukraine negotiating in exchange for land. (Zelensky had a law passed forbidding negotiations with Putin.)
The most outrageous statement was to say that neither Russia nor Ukraine have any professional troops left. This is just beyond irresponsible reporting.Read more