By Meredith Raney
Published August 26, 2012
Spurgeon Leroy Lucas, Esq. with his client Patricia Baird-Windle, owner of Aware Woman abortion clinic.
Spurgeon LeRoy Lucas, Esq. (a.k.a. Roy Lucas, Esq. DC #153957) is the architect of the "right to privacy" legal argument used to win the Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion in the U.S.
Spurgeon LeRoy Lucas is a member of the District of Columbia Bar Association, # 153967. Prior to his death, he was the pro hac vice (out of state) lawyer for the abortion industry in four federal lawsuits in Florida. They are:
- Raney v Aware Woman et al, 97-1197-CIV-ORL-19B
- Ocala Women’s Center et al v City of Ocala et al, 98-371-CIV-OC-10C
- Aware Woman et al v Raney et al, 99-05-CIV-ORL-19C
- Manhattan Magnolia Corp et al v Unterburger et al, 99-8164-CIV-HURLEY
“Suing web sites, seeking injunctions against the utterance of certain words and requiring disclaimers on protesters’ signs may test the First Amendment, but Lucas says that even though his approach would limit protester’s activities, he is not out to curb free speech.” – Meredith Raney, forerunner.com/fyi, 3/17/1999
- Roy Lucas: Architect of Roe v. Wade, North Carolina Law Review
- William Phillip Egherman: Abortion Related Investigations
- Abortion Clinic Owner Seeks Protection In Suit
- Matter of choice
- Lawyer brings quest to Florida, 3/17/1999
- Doctor seeks court injunction to protect privacy
- Judge rules police must protect abortion clinic, 4/28/1999
- Clinic owner sues abortion protesters
- Federal judge discontinues clinic's lawsuit, 12/23/1999
- Abortion doctors' suit thrown out, 12/24/1999
- Attorney error causes dismissal of abortion case
- Clinic owner indicted for extortion, 6/15/2000
- Where is Roy Lucas?
- Abortionist denies extortion charges
- FBI videotape allowed in Pendergraft case
- About Extortion or Abortion? 10/9/2000
- Judge gives psych evaluation thumbs-down
- Extortion trial start postponed
- Pendergraft trial begins, 1/3/2001
- Testimony Begins in Pendergraft Trial
- Cretul testifies at Federal trial
- Attorney challenges Cretul's testimony
- Judge recesses Pendergraft trial
- Local attorney testifies at Pendergraft trial
- FBI agents testify during Pendergraft trial
- Lies are revealed at Pendergraft trial
- Pendergraft takes the stand
- Pendergraft saw possible 'conspiracy'
- Pendergraft trial starts closing arguments
- Pendergraft lawyer charges racial overtones
- Pendergraft sentenced to 46 months, 5/25/2001
- Pendergraft serves 46 month sentence
- Roy Lucas, Roe v. Wade Lawyer, Dies at 61
- State of Florida suspends abortionist James Pendergraft, 8/19/2006
- That Swiss Hermit strikes again!
- A Call to War
Forerunner - Home » Florida's Murder Industry »
Your comments are welcome!
“When the lives of the unborn are snuffed out, they often feel pain, pain that is long and agonizing.” – President Ronald Reagan to National Religious Broadcasters Convention, January 1981
Ronald Reagan became convinced of this as a result of watching The Silent Scream – a movie he considered so powerful and convicting that he screened it at the White House.
The modern technology of real-time ultrasound now reveals the actual responses of a 12-week old fetus to being aborted. As the unborn child attempts to escape the abortionist’s suction curette, her motions can be seen to become desperately agitated and her heart rate doubles. Her mouth opens – as if to scream – but no sound can come out. Her scream doesn’t have to remain silent, however … not if you will become her voice. This newly re-mastered version features eight language tracks and two bonus videos.
“…a high technology “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” arousing public opinion just as Harriet Beecher Stowe’s 1852 antislavery novel ignited the abolitionist movement.” – Sen. Gordon Humphrey, Time Magazine
Languages: English, Spanish, French, South Korean, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese
Running Time: 28 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Give me liberty or give me death!”
Patrick Henry’s famous declaration not only helped launch the War for Independence, it also perfectly summarized the mindset that gave birth to, and sustained, the unprecedented experiment in Christian liberty that was America.
The freedom our Founders envisioned was not freedom from suffering, want, or hard work. Nor was it freedom to indulge every appetite or whim without restraint—that would merely be servitude to a different master. No, the Founders’ passion was to live free before God, unfettered by the chains of autocracy, shackles that slowly but inexorably bind men when the governments they fashion fail to recognize and uphold freedom’s singular, foundational truth: that all men are created in the image of God, and are thereby co-equally endowed with the right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
This presentation is a similar call, not to one but many. By reintroducing the principles of freedom that gave birth to America, it is our prayer that Jesus, the true and only ruler over the nations, will once again be our acknowledged Sovereign, that we may again know and exult in the great truth that “where the Spirit of the LORD is, there is liberty” (2 Cor. 3:17).
Welcome to the Second American Revolution!
This DVD features “Liberty: The Model of Christian Liberty” along with “Dawn’s Early Light: A Brief History of America’s Christian Foundations.” Bonus features include a humorous but instructive collection of campaign ads and Eric Holmberg’s controversial YouTube challenge concerning Mitt Romney’s campaign for president.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
That Swiss Hermit Strikes Again!
Dr. Schaeffer, who was one of the most influential Christian thinkers in the twentieth century, shows that secular humanism has displaced the Judeo-Christian consensus that once defined our nation’s moral boundaries. Law, education, and medicine have all been reshaped for the worse as a consequence. America’s dominant worldview changed, Schaeffer charges, when Christians weren’t looking.
Schaeffer lists two reasons for evangelical indifference: a false concept of spirituality and fear. He calls on believers to stand against the tyranny and moral chaos that come when humanism reigns-and warns that believers may, at some point, be forced to make the hard choice between obeying God or Caesar. A Christian Manifesto is a thought-provoking and bracing Christian analysis of American culture and the obligation Christians have to engage the culture with the claims of Christ.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Download the Free Study Guide!
God’s Law and Society powerfully presents a comprehensive worldview based upon the ethical system found in the Law of God.
Speakers include: R.J. Rushdoony, George Grant, Howard Phillips, R.C. Sproul Jr., Ken Gentry, Gary DeMar, Jay Grimstead, Steven Schlissel, Andrew Sandlin, Eric Holmberg, and more!
Sixteen Christian leaders and scholars answer some of the most common questions and misconceptions related to this volatile issue:
1. Are we under Law or under Grace?
2. Does the Old Testament Law apply today?
3. Can we legislate morality?
4. What are the biblical foundations of government?
5. Was America founded as a Christian nation?
6. What about the separation of Church and State?
7. Is neutrality a myth?
8. What about non-Christians and the Law of God?
9. Would there be “freedom” in a Christian republic?
10. What would a “Christian America” look like?
Perfect for group instruction as well as personal Bible study.
Ten parts, over four hours of instruction!
Running Time: 240 minutes
Watch over 60 on-line video interviews from God’s Law and Society.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)