By Editorial Staff
Published June 1, 1989
1. On January 22, l973 the U.S. Supreme Court legalized abortion through the _______ month of pregnancy.
2. The number of women dying from illegal abortions in 1972, the year before Roe vs. Wade, was:
A. 500 B. 5,000 C. 253 D. 39
3. How many abortions are now done each day?
A. 140 B. 500 C. 1,000 D. 4,000
4. The total number of abortions done since 1973 is ________.
5. Most Americans believe the majority of abortions performed in this country should not be legal. (True or False)
6. A heartbeat, brainwaves and response to touch are all present in an unborn baby by:
A. 2 months B. 3 months C. 4 months D. Birth.
7. It is legal for a minor daughter to have an abortion in most states without her parents’ knowledge or permission. (True or False)
8. Abortions done for rape, incest and threat to the mother’s life account for ______% of the 1.5 million abortions done each year in the United States.
9. An unborn baby can feel pain in the 3rd month. (True or False)
10. The number of couples waiting to adopt babies is:
A. 100,000 B. 2 million C.1 million D. 500,000
Abortion I.Q. – Answers
1. 9th – In the court’s Roe vs. Wade and Doe vs. Bolton decisions, abortions throughout the nine months of pregnancy were declared legal.
2. (D) 39 – This is the total number reported by the U.S. Center For Disease Control, a federal agency.
3. (D) – Over 4,000 abortions are done every day in the U.S.
4. 22 million – Total for 1973 through 1988.
5. TRUE – “Most Americans would ban the vast majority of abortions performed in this country.” – Boston Globe, March 31, 1989, p. 1.
6. (A) 2 months – By 21 days the heart is pumping and brainwaves have been recorded as early as 40 days.
7. TRUE – In 38 states minors can have abortions without their parents’ consent or notification.
8. About 1% – If mother’s “health” is included – an Alan Guttmacher survey, as reported in The Boston Globe [March 31, 1989], reports that abortions for “rape, incest and danger to the mother’s physical health” account for only about 7% of abortions in the U.S.)
9. TRUE – Dr. Vincent Collins, diplomat and fellow, American Board of Anesthesiologists, letter to President Reagan, February 13, 1984.
10. (B) 2 million – National Committee for Adoption, Washington, D.C.
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Pro-life Articles
Your comments are welcome!
Who is the dreaded beast of Revelation?
Now at last, a plausible candidate for this personification of evil incarnate has been identified (or re-identified). Ken Gentry’s insightful analysis of scripture and history is likely to revolutionize your understanding of the book of Revelation — and even more importantly — amplify and energize your entire Christian worldview!
Historical footage and other graphics are used to illustrate the lecture Dr. Gentry presented at the 1999 Ligonier Conference in Orlando, Florida. It is followed by a one-hour question and answer session addressing the key concerns and objections typically raised in response to his position. This presentation also features an introduction that touches on not only the confusion and controversy surrounding this issue — but just why it may well be one of the most significant issues facing the Church today.
Ideal for group meetings, personal Bible study — for anyone who wants to understand the historical context of John’s famous letter “… to the seven churches which are in Asia.” (Revelation 1:4)
Running Time: 145 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
With “preaching to the lost” being such a basic foundation of Christianity, why do many in the church seem to be apathetic on this issue of preaching in highways and byways of towns and cities?
Is it biblical to stand in the public places of the world and proclaim the gospel, regardless if people want to hear it or not?
Does the Bible really call church pastors, leaders and evangelists to proclaim the gospel in the public square as part of obedience to the Great Commission, or is public preaching something that is outdated and not applicable for our day and age?
These any many other questions are answered in this documentary.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Foundations in Biblical Eschatology
By Jay Rogers, Larry Waugh, Rodney Stortz, Joseph Meiring. High quality paperback, 167 pages.
All Christians believe that their great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will one day return. Although we cannot know the exact time of His return, what exactly did Jesus mean when he spoke of the signs of His coming (Mat. 24)? How are we to interpret the prophecies in Isaiah regarding the time when “the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea” (Isa. 11:19)? Should we expect a time of great tribulation and apostasy or revival and reformation before the Lord returns? Is the devil bound now, and are the saints reigning with Christ? Did you know that there are four hermeneutical approaches to the book of Daniel and Revelation?
These and many more questions are dealt with by four authors as they present the four views on the millennium. Each view is then critiqued by the other three authors.
$12.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Download the Free Study Guide!
Just what is Calvinism?
Does this teaching make man a deterministic robot and God the author of sin? What about free will? If the church accepts Calvinism, won’t evangelism be stifled, perhaps even extinguished? How can we balance God’s sovereignty and man’s responsibility? What are the differences between historic Calvinism and hyper-Calvinism? Why did men like Augustine, Luther, Calvin, Spurgeon, Whitefield, Edwards and a host of renowned Protestant evangelists embrace the teaching of predestination and election and deny free will theology?
This is the first video documentary that answers these and other related questions. Hosted by Eric Holmberg, this fascinating three-part, four-hour presentation is detailed enough so as to not gloss over the controversy. At the same time, it is broken up into ten “Sunday-school-sized” sections to make the rich content manageable and accessible for the average viewer.
Running Time: 257 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Give me liberty or give me death!”
Patrick Henry’s famous declaration not only helped launch the War for Independence, it also perfectly summarized the mindset that gave birth to, and sustained, the unprecedented experiment in Christian liberty that was America.
The freedom our Founders envisioned was not freedom from suffering, want, or hard work. Nor was it freedom to indulge every appetite or whim without restraint—that would merely be servitude to a different master. No, the Founders’ passion was to live free before God, unfettered by the chains of autocracy, shackles that slowly but inexorably bind men when the governments they fashion fail to recognize and uphold freedom’s singular, foundational truth: that all men are created in the image of God, and are thereby co-equally endowed with the right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
This presentation is a similar call, not to one but many. By reintroducing the principles of freedom that gave birth to America, it is our prayer that Jesus, the true and only ruler over the nations, will once again be our acknowledged Sovereign, that we may again know and exult in the great truth that “where the Spirit of the LORD is, there is liberty” (2 Cor. 3:17).
Welcome to the Second American Revolution!
This DVD features “Liberty: The Model of Christian Liberty” along with “Dawn’s Early Light: A Brief History of America’s Christian Foundations.” Bonus features include a humorous but instructive collection of campaign ads and Eric Holmberg’s controversial YouTube challenge concerning Mitt Romney’s campaign for president.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)