By Editorial Staff
Published June 1, 1989
1. On January 22, l973 the U.S. Supreme Court legalized abortion through the _______ month of pregnancy.
2. The number of women dying from illegal abortions in 1972, the year before Roe vs. Wade, was:
A. 500 B. 5,000 C. 253 D. 39
3. How many abortions are now done each day?
A. 140 B. 500 C. 1,000 D. 4,000
4. The total number of abortions done since 1973 is ________.
5. Most Americans believe the majority of abortions performed in this country should not be legal. (True or False)
6. A heartbeat, brainwaves and response to touch are all present in an unborn baby by:
A. 2 months B. 3 months C. 4 months D. Birth.
7. It is legal for a minor daughter to have an abortion in most states without her parents’ knowledge or permission. (True or False)
8. Abortions done for rape, incest and threat to the mother’s life account for ______% of the 1.5 million abortions done each year in the United States.
9. An unborn baby can feel pain in the 3rd month. (True or False)
10. The number of couples waiting to adopt babies is:
A. 100,000 B. 2 million C.1 million D. 500,000
Abortion I.Q. – Answers
1. 9th – In the court’s Roe vs. Wade and Doe vs. Bolton decisions, abortions throughout the nine months of pregnancy were declared legal.
2. (D) 39 – This is the total number reported by the U.S. Center For Disease Control, a federal agency.
3. (D) – Over 4,000 abortions are done every day in the U.S.
4. 22 million – Total for 1973 through 1988.
5. TRUE – “Most Americans would ban the vast majority of abortions performed in this country.” – Boston Globe, March 31, 1989, p. 1.
6. (A) 2 months – By 21 days the heart is pumping and brainwaves have been recorded as early as 40 days.
7. TRUE – In 38 states minors can have abortions without their parents’ consent or notification.
8. About 1% – If mother’s “health” is included – an Alan Guttmacher survey, as reported in The Boston Globe [March 31, 1989], reports that abortions for “rape, incest and danger to the mother’s physical health” account for only about 7% of abortions in the U.S.)
9. TRUE – Dr. Vincent Collins, diplomat and fellow, American Board of Anesthesiologists, letter to President Reagan, February 13, 1984.
10. (B) 2 million – National Committee for Adoption, Washington, D.C.
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Pro-life Articles
Your comments are welcome!
Exposes the Dangers of Abortion to Women!
These shocking eyewitness accounts expose the dangers of abortion not only to unborn children, but to the health and lives women as well. An antidote to the smokescreens of the liberal media, these six short clips show what really happens in and around abortion clinics.
Although the content is emotionally gut-wrenching, these videos have been used in church seminars and small groups to educate Christians on the abortion issue and to lead people toward a pro-life position.
Watch these pro-life videos on-line.
“These videos helped change my mind from pro-choice to pro-life. Your videos are what did it for me. I will be walking in next year’s March For Life in San Francisco.” — A. Jackson, California
“I was going to have an abortion until I saw your video. Praise Jesus!”
— M. Drew, YouTube Commenter
$4.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Download the Free Study Guide!
Just what is Calvinism?
Does this teaching make man a deterministic robot and God the author of sin? What about free will? If the church accepts Calvinism, won’t evangelism be stifled, perhaps even extinguished? How can we balance God’s sovereignty and man’s responsibility? What are the differences between historic Calvinism and hyper-Calvinism? Why did men like Augustine, Luther, Calvin, Spurgeon, Whitefield, Edwards and a host of renowned Protestant evangelists embrace the teaching of predestination and election and deny free will theology?
This is the first video documentary that answers these and other related questions. Hosted by Eric Holmberg, this fascinating three-part, four-hour presentation is detailed enough so as to not gloss over the controversy. At the same time, it is broken up into ten “Sunday-school-sized” sections to make the rich content manageable and accessible for the average viewer.
Running Time: 257 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Special Two-Disc Set!
After 40 years of intense study and world-wide ministry, Dr. Francis Schaeffer completed his crowning work of scholarship – to present profound truths in simple film language. Dr. Schaeffer’s brilliant analysis of the past and predictions for current trends have proven so uncannily accurate that this amazing series still feels contemporary almost three decades after its initial release. Ultimately, Schaeffer concludes that man’s only hope is a return to God’s Biblical absolute, the truth revealed in Christ through the Scriptures.
Available for the first time on DVD, this documentary spectacular also includes intimate in-depth conversations with Francis and Edith Schaeffer. With the on-disc study guide, this presentation forms a unique course of comprehensive study. While this series forms an innovative analysis of the past, this outstanding work is more than history. Each episode focuses on a significant era, yet speaks clearly to 21st-century man with answers for modern problems.
$49.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Exposing The Occult Roots of Abortion
This presentation looks at the spiritual roots of abortion and exposes the myths surrounding child killing. Little known historical facts about abortion and how they relate to modern feminism are presented logically and accurately. Has been effective in converting many to a pro-life position.
Massacre of Innocence goes where no pro-life presentation has gone before in “tearing the lid off abortion” to reveal the spiritual realities we must battle if we will bring an end to this crime. The presentation is absorbing, fast-paced, informative and incredibly devastating to any attempt to justify abortion.
“… an extraordinary statement … a powerfully articulate presentation about what abortion really means, and why a great and moral nation like the United States must not allow the slaughter to continue.”
— Congressman Robert K. Dornan
Running time: 85 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)