By Editorial Staff
Published June 1, 1989
1. On January 22, l973 the U.S. Supreme Court legalized abortion through the _______ month of pregnancy.
2. The number of women dying from illegal abortions in 1972, the year before Roe vs. Wade, was:
A. 500 B. 5,000 C. 253 D. 39
3. How many abortions are now done each day?
A. 140 B. 500 C. 1,000 D. 4,000
4. The total number of abortions done since 1973 is ________.
5. Most Americans believe the majority of abortions performed in this country should not be legal. (True or False)
6. A heartbeat, brainwaves and response to touch are all present in an unborn baby by:
A. 2 months B. 3 months C. 4 months D. Birth.
7. It is legal for a minor daughter to have an abortion in most states without her parents’ knowledge or permission. (True or False)
8. Abortions done for rape, incest and threat to the mother’s life account for ______% of the 1.5 million abortions done each year in the United States.
9. An unborn baby can feel pain in the 3rd month. (True or False)
10. The number of couples waiting to adopt babies is:
A. 100,000 B. 2 million C.1 million D. 500,000
Abortion I.Q. – Answers
1. 9th – In the court’s Roe vs. Wade and Doe vs. Bolton decisions, abortions throughout the nine months of pregnancy were declared legal.
2. (D) 39 – This is the total number reported by the U.S. Center For Disease Control, a federal agency.
3. (D) – Over 4,000 abortions are done every day in the U.S.
4. 22 million – Total for 1973 through 1988.
5. TRUE – “Most Americans would ban the vast majority of abortions performed in this country.” – Boston Globe, March 31, 1989, p. 1.
6. (A) 2 months – By 21 days the heart is pumping and brainwaves have been recorded as early as 40 days.
7. TRUE – In 38 states minors can have abortions without their parents’ consent or notification.
8. About 1% – If mother’s “health” is included – an Alan Guttmacher survey, as reported in The Boston Globe [March 31, 1989], reports that abortions for “rape, incest and danger to the mother’s physical health” account for only about 7% of abortions in the U.S.)
9. TRUE – Dr. Vincent Collins, diplomat and fellow, American Board of Anesthesiologists, letter to President Reagan, February 13, 1984.
10. (B) 2 million – National Committee for Adoption, Washington, D.C.
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Pro-life Articles
Your comments are welcome!
High Quality Paperback — 219 pages
Foundations in Biblical Orthodoxy
Driving down a country road sometime, you might see a church with a sign proudly proclaiming: “No book but the Bible — No creed but Christ.” The problem with this statement is that the word creed (from the Latin: credo) simply means “belief.” All Christians have beliefs, regardless of whether they are written.
Yet a single book containing the actual texts of the most important creeds of the early Church will not often be found. Out of the multitude of works on the evangelical Christian book market today, those dealing with the creeds of the Church are scarce.
Why Creeds and Confessions? provides a foundation of biblical orthodoxy as a defense against the false and truly heretical doctrines advanced by the spirit of this age.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Special Two-Disc Set!
After 40 years of intense study and world-wide ministry, Dr. Francis Schaeffer completed his crowning work of scholarship – to present profound truths in simple film language. Dr. Schaeffer’s brilliant analysis of the past and predictions for current trends have proven so uncannily accurate that this amazing series still feels contemporary almost three decades after its initial release. Ultimately, Schaeffer concludes that man’s only hope is a return to God’s Biblical absolute, the truth revealed in Christ through the Scriptures.
Available for the first time on DVD, this documentary spectacular also includes intimate in-depth conversations with Francis and Edith Schaeffer. With the on-disc study guide, this presentation forms a unique course of comprehensive study. While this series forms an innovative analysis of the past, this outstanding work is more than history. Each episode focuses on a significant era, yet speaks clearly to 21st-century man with answers for modern problems.
$49.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
With “preaching to the lost” being such a basic foundation of Christianity, why do many in the church seem to be apathetic on this issue of preaching in highways and byways of towns and cities?
Is it biblical to stand in the public places of the world and proclaim the gospel, regardless if people want to hear it or not?
Does the Bible really call church pastors, leaders and evangelists to proclaim the gospel in the public square as part of obedience to the Great Commission, or is public preaching something that is outdated and not applicable for our day and age?
These any many other questions are answered in this documentary.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“When the lives of the unborn are snuffed out, they often feel pain, pain that is long and agonizing.” – President Ronald Reagan to National Religious Broadcasters Convention, January 1981
Ronald Reagan became convinced of this as a result of watching The Silent Scream – a movie he considered so powerful and convicting that he screened it at the White House.
The modern technology of real-time ultrasound now reveals the actual responses of a 12-week old fetus to being aborted. As the unborn child attempts to escape the abortionist’s suction curette, her motions can be seen to become desperately agitated and her heart rate doubles. Her mouth opens – as if to scream – but no sound can come out. Her scream doesn’t have to remain silent, however … not if you will become her voice. This newly re-mastered version features eight language tracks and two bonus videos.
“… a high technology “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” arousing public opinion just as Harriet Beecher Stowe’s 1852 antislavery novel ignited the abolitionist movement.” – Sen. Gordon Humphrey, Time Magazine
Languages: English, Spanish, French, South Korean, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese
Running Time: 28 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)