In a recent 60 Minutes Interview, the interviewer and and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy made several dubious claims. In the “following video”: https://youtu.be/-cw3gulknl0 I debunk several points.
- The domino theory. Putin plans to conquer the whole of Europe.
- Putin is not the enemy. The enemy is the whole of the Russian people who support Putin.
- Russia bombs civilians and commits war crimes. Ukraine does not. Ukraine does not hit civilian targets in Russia with drones. If they do, they have a right to.
- If only the West had given Ukraine more weapons they would have defeated Russia. Now the whole world has to unite to defeat Russia to avoid (or cause?) WWIII.
- The war (and cocaine addiction?) has taken a toll on Zelensky.
- Russia (1.3 million troops) and Ukraine (500,000) have no professional army left.
- Putin will go on threatening nuclear war. (He’s never done so in any speech or statement.)
- The interviewer asks about Ukraine negotiating in exchange for land. (Zelensky had a law passed forbidding negotiations with Putin.)
The most outrageous statement was to say that neither Russia nor Ukraine have any professional troops left. This is just beyond irresponsible reporting.Read more