Chapter 10 - Tearing Down the High Places
By Jay Rogers
Published January 2012
Download the free Study Guide!
Is there a connection between pagan religion and the abortion industry?
This powerful presentation traces the biblical roots of child sacrifice and then delves into the social, political and cultural fall-out that this sin against God and crime against humanity has produced in our beleaguered society.
Conceived as a sequel and update to the 1988 classic, The Massacre of Innocence, the new title, The Abortion Matrix, is entirely fitting. It not only references abortion’s specific target – the sacred matrix where human beings are formed in the womb in the very image of God, but it also implies the existence of a conspiracy, a matrix of seemingly disparate forces that are driving this holocaust.
The occult activity surrounding the abortion industry is exposed with numerous examples. But are these just aberrations, bizarre yet anomalous examples of abortionists who just happen to have ties to modern day witchcraft? Or is this representative of something deeper, more sinister and even endemic to the entire abortion movement?
As the allusion to the film of over a decade ago suggests, the viewer may learn that things are not always as they appear to be. The Abortion Matrix reveals the reality of child-killing and strikes the proper moral chord to move hearts to fulfill the biblical responsibility to rescue those unjustly sentenced to death and to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves (Proverbs 24:11,12; 31:8,9).
Speakers include: George Grant, Peter Hammond, RC Sproul Jr., Paul Jehle, Lou Engle, Rusty Thomas, Flip Benham, Janet Porter and many more.
Ten parts, over three hours of instruction!
Running Time: 195 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
- Chapter 1 - Abortion: The Religion of Witchcraft and Child Sacrifice
- Chapter 2 - Abortion in Biblical Perspective
- Chapter 3 - Abortion ... The Devil’s Mousetrap
- Chapter 4 - The Origin of Child Sacrifice
- Chapter 5 - The History of Human Sacrifice
- Chapter 6 - Modern Witchcraft and Child Sacrifice
- Chapter 7 - Witchcraft, Feminism and Child Sacrifice
- Chapter 8 - Do What Thou Wilt - Witchcraft and Satanism
- Chapter 9 - Defeating Jezebel
- The Abortion Matrix: Defeating Child Sacrifice and the Culture of Death (DVD)
Chapter 10 – Tearing Down the High Places
by Eric Holmberg and Jay Rogers
And (Josiah) defiled Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, that no one might burn his son or his daughter as an offering to Molech (2 Kings 23:10).
While there are over 6 billion people on planet earth right now, there’s a sense – from what theologians call a “federal” perspective – that there really are only two people: the first and then the second or last Adam. All of us are born into this world in the likeness and through the lineage of the first Adam. Fallen, locked in our ego-boxes, “My will be done” forms the bars in our prison of original sin. But, by the amazing grace of God, we can be born again after the likeness of the new and last Adam, the LORD Jesus Christ where “Thy will be done” becomes the cry of our hearts.
Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit” (1 Corinthians 15:35)
Just as there is an upward trajectory for those who are born again in the likeness of the last Adam: as we have seen, one that takes us from strong affection to the “greater love” where we’re willing to lay down our lives for others so there is also a downward trajectory for those who are of the first Adam. Its nadir, its lowest point? Well, there’s no greater selfishness than this, that someone would lay down the life of his child for his own convenience.
In the battle for life against child sacrifice in all its many permutations, the enmity that is between the seed of the woman – the Church – and the seed of the serpent – the devil – finds perhaps its greatest expression.
This is where heaven and hell meet. Heaven will win, but for America it may well be when God raises up an enemy to do to us what the Romans did to Carthage. The only hope for a victory that pre-empts that level of judgment is for a spiritual revival and national repentance like Israel experienced in Josiah’s reign. And while these great gifts are for the Sovereign Lord to give; there is no question that we have a responsibility to “prepare the way of the Lord.”
And that can only happen if a significant remnant – and that may, or rather should include you – become “forked-lightning Christians” who agape God and are willing to lay down their lives for others.
America is becoming increasingly ungodly, humanistic and even pagan – in large part because the Church has become complacent and culturally irrelevant.
As Jesus made clear, when the salt looses its saltiness and the light becomes dark, it is little wonder when the culture the Church is called to serve begins to rot.
Most modern Christians are ignorant of the historical precedent for revival even in the face of militant paganism. With pagan immorality being codified at the highest levels of government, there is a great need for the Church to fulfill her prophetic role in resistance to idolatry.
Is it still possible for God’s people to turn the tide towards righteousness? So that we don’t succumb to defeatism, let’s consider the dark days Israel experienced when she was in bondage to slavery in Egypt. In that day, thousands of baby boys were slaughtered by Pharaoh in an attempt to stamp out the prophetic deliverer who was about to come on the scene. Although Satan tried to do away with Moses, his life was spared and he grew to be a man within the Pharaoh’s own courts! Later Moses delivered Israel out of bondage.
In Elijah’s day, the prophets of Baal sacrificed thousands of the first born on altars in defiance of God’s law. Yet Elijah slew the prophets of Baal and God later raised up a company of 7,000 young men who defeated King Ahab and Queen Jezebel.
Then just before Jesus was born, the wicked King Herod learned through the Magi that another King was about to be born in Bethlehem. A great slaughter of innocent baby boys ensued. Yet the baby Jesus’ life was spared and He grew to be the One that would deliver the entire cosmos from the bondage of sin and Satan.
Often throughout redemptive history, a season of great darkness, sometimes punctuated with a massacre of innocents, is the very womb from which God brings forth a deliverer – and a great deliverance. Could history be repeating itself?
Although the hour is dark for America and over fifty million children have been slaughtered, there may yet be a prophetic generation from among the survivors who will go forth in the spirit and power of Elijah to confront wickedness, stop the massacre of innocents and see our nation turn back to God.
If that generation does come on the scene, here is what it must do:
1. Repent of all compromise. Judgment begins in the house of God. We must forsake any and all sin – particularly of a sexual nature – that feeds into this holocaust. Complacency, love of ease, materialism, as well as other besetting sins, must all be taken to the cross.
2. Turn and do good. As the Lord leads, support with both your time and finances ministries of mercy that serve as an antidote to abortion and the needs and worldviews that feed into it. That can be anything from supporting an orphanage, an orphan or the chronically poor (abortion, after all is deemed necessary to alleviate the problem of poverty or so-called unwanted children) – to helping a crisis pregnancy center or an NGO that is defending life or abstinence-based sex-education. There are all manner of ways you can obey God and his clear and oft-repeated commands to seek justice, love mercy, correct oppression, bring justice to the fatherless, and plead the widow’s cause.
Allow me to mention something here that I trust you won’t take in a wrong way. Some of us – including myself – did the wrong thing with our unwanted child. If we’ve truly repented, God has forgiven us. But the simple fact is that we saved ourselves a lot of money by having one less child to raise. (Show a couple walking in to a Crisis Pregnancy center.) Please pray about giving some of that money or your time to support someone who may be struggling financially because they chose the right thing. Or in some other way, overcome the evil you did with good.
This isn’t something you have to do – it’s something you get to do – that your joy – and perhaps your healing – may be made full.
3. Commit ourselves to the battle for life with the zeal, resolve and understanding commensurate with the challenge before us. We must see abortion for what it is – the murder of children – and then live our lives accordingly. How would you have acted if you lived down the road from Auschwitz and saw the trains loaded with people being taken to the ovens? Would you have stood with William Wilberforce and his co-conspirators in their long sacrificial battle to stop slavery in the British Empire? We are never going to see the victory over this magnitude of satanic and entrenched evil if we’re not willing to pledge our “lives, fortunes and sacred honor” to the cause.
4. Pray. In both this program as well as in the extras on this DVD we provide you with a lot of spiritual insights as well as practical tools and methodologies to wage an effective war in the spiritual realm.
5. Proclaim, evangelize and disciple. The prime directive the Lord left us with was to disciple nations, teaching them to observe His commands. Sadly, for many today the Great Commission has become the greater “omission.” That has to change.
We can, we must do this. A lie carries within it the seeds of its own destruction, truth its own victory.
Even with the occult revivals, the sexual revolution, the propaganda from the media and Planned Parenthood, the brain-washing from the government school system, all this and much more, most Americans remain sympathetic to the pro-life cause. By simply proclaiming, defending and living out the truth we can and will see the lie exposed and ultimately destroyed.
But there are a few things that need to be emphasized here. As in everything, Jesus is our model for personal and cultural transformation. We need to use wisdom and an assortment of apologetical techniques that can range from asking questions and really listening… to strong, prophetic challenges. We must also, like Jesus, strive to minister from a place of love, humility or brokenness and servanthood, ever keeping in mind that the kingdom comes first from within hearts and then spreads from the bottom up, and not from the top down.
We must ever be on guard against the deception of “healing the wounds of sin only a little, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ when there is no peace.”
It’s all too easy to fall into the trap of thinking you’re sufficiently pro-life because you vote or talk that that way or have a pro-life license plate or observe sanctity-of-life Sunday in your church. But child-killing is the greatest moral evil of our time (see point 3 that we just looked at) and ending it demands a level of awareness, rhetoric, and action commensurate with that evil. It can’t be just another issue that we lump along with – and tragically far too often beneath – AIDS in Africa, poverty, slavery, pornography, the attack on traditional marriage or the environment – as vital as those issues are.
God will never stop abortion in America – at least not without catastrophic judgment – until enough of us pray and act like it is what it is: murder, infanticide, the sacrifice of children in our own backyards.
Always remember that as Christians we are laboring to save lives and souls. Some of the most meaningful evangelistic outreaches occur at the gates of hell – the abortion clinics of America – in regard to the people going in as well as those who work there. Norma McCorvey, the Roe of Roe v. Wade, as well as ex-abortion providers Carol Everett, Dr. Bernard Nathanson, Dr. Beverly McMillan, and Joy Davis are just some of those who are not only pro-life now, they have become Christians through the evangelistic witness of pro-life activists.
6. Develop vital pro-life relationships, particularly as regards your local church. If your present church is cold or lukewarm on this issue and is not open to change, leave that church and find one that is genuinely committed to being salt and light. And then find a place of service, of genuine engagement in the battle. Unity, covenantal relationships, accountability and mutual encouragement – all our critically important in keeping your heart burning and your efforts focused, faithful, enduring and ultimately victorious.
7. Be faithfully politically. At minimum that involves supporting pro-life candidates for local, state and national office as well as putting pressure on your elected officials to support life issues. Yes, there are other important issues besides abortion. But none are more important. It is the only thing we are sanctioning as a society that completely and irrevocably denies the victim her right to her most basic, constitutionally protected rights – life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. A candidate who isn’t right on this issue cannot possibly be a righteous ruler.
When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan. Proverbs 29:2
As a nation America has sanctioned child-killing now for over a quarter century. It’s become an accepted, deeply entrenched and increasingly tax-payer supported evil. Stopping it may seem to some an impossible dream. Well, it’s not the first time the God of the impossible has thrust his people into impossible situations.
“For nothing will be impossible with God” (Luke 1:37).
Consider Moses as told Pharaoh to let God’s people go…or later stood before the Red Sea with Egypt’s army in hot pursuit. Ask Gideon as he took on the armies of Midian or Nehemiah as he set out to rebuild Jerusalem. And just less than two centuries ago, people said “It’s not possible!” to William Wilberforce as he took on the slave trade.
Our God is God of the impossible – One who delights in using the weak and foolish things of the world to defeat the worldy-wise and powerful.
But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong (1 Corinthians 1:27).
There can be no doubt that should a remnant – a Gideon company, if you will – arise and obey God in regard to the truths we’ve explored in this presentation, God will once again hear from heaven, forgive our sins and heal our land.
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14).
May the LORD help you to be one in that company. AMEN
Forerunner - Home » The Abortion Matrix: Defeating Child Sacrifice and the Culture of Death (DVD)
Your comments are welcome!
Download the Free Study Guide!
God’s Law and Society powerfully presents a comprehensive worldview based upon the ethical system found in the Law of God.
Speakers include: R.J. Rushdoony, George Grant, Howard Phillips, R.C. Sproul Jr., Ken Gentry, Gary DeMar, Jay Grimstead, Steven Schlissel, Andrew Sandlin, Eric Holmberg, and more!
Sixteen Christian leaders and scholars answer some of the most common questions and misconceptions related to this volatile issue:
1. Are we under Law or under Grace?
2. Does the Old Testament Law apply today?
3. Can we legislate morality?
4. What are the biblical foundations of government?
5. Was America founded as a Christian nation?
6. What about the separation of Church and State?
7. Is neutrality a myth?
8. What about non-Christians and the Law of God?
9. Would there be “freedom” in a Christian republic?
10. What would a “Christian America” look like?
Perfect for group instruction as well as personal Bible study.
Ten parts, over four hours of instruction!
Running Time: 240 minutes
Watch over 60 on-line video interviews from God’s Law and Society.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Give me liberty or give me death!”
Patrick Henry’s famous declaration not only helped launch the War for Independence, it also perfectly summarized the mindset that gave birth to, and sustained, the unprecedented experiment in Christian liberty that was America.
The freedom our Founders envisioned was not freedom from suffering, want, or hard work. Nor was it freedom to indulge every appetite or whim without restraint—that would merely be servitude to a different master. No, the Founders’ passion was to live free before God, unfettered by the chains of autocracy, shackles that slowly but inexorably bind men when the governments they fashion fail to recognize and uphold freedom’s singular, foundational truth: that all men are created in the image of God, and are thereby co-equally endowed with the right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
This presentation is a similar call, not to one but many. By reintroducing the principles of freedom that gave birth to America, it is our prayer that Jesus, the true and only ruler over the nations, will once again be our acknowledged Sovereign, that we may again know and exult in the great truth that “where the Spirit of the LORD is, there is liberty” (2 Cor. 3:17).
Welcome to the Second American Revolution!
This DVD features “Liberty: The Model of Christian Liberty” along with “Dawn’s Early Light: A Brief History of America’s Christian Foundations.” Bonus features include a humorous but instructive collection of campaign ads and Eric Holmberg’s controversial YouTube challenge concerning Mitt Romney’s campaign for president.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
With “preaching to the lost” being such a basic foundation of Christianity, why do many in the church seem to be apathetic on this issue of preaching in highways and byways of towns and cities?
Is it biblical to stand in the public places of the world and proclaim the gospel, regardless if people want to hear it or not?
Does the Bible really call church pastors, leaders and evangelists to proclaim the gospel in the public square as part of obedience to the Great Commission, or is public preaching something that is outdated and not applicable for our day and age?
These any many other questions are answered in this documentary.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Exposes the Dangers of Abortion to Women!
These shocking eyewitness accounts expose the dangers of abortion not only to unborn children, but to the health and lives women as well. An antidote to the smokescreens of the liberal media, these short clips show what really happens in and around abortion clinics.
Although the content is emotionally gut-wrenching, these videos have been used in church seminars and small groups to educate Christians on the abortion issue and to lead people toward a pro-life position. Contains 2 hours and 40 minutes of materials that can be shown separately.
Watch these pro-life videos on-line.
“These videos helped change my mind from pro-choice to pro-life. Your videos are what did it for me. I will be walking in next year’s March For Life in San Francisco.” — A. Jackson, California
“I was going to have an abortion until I saw your video. Praise Jesus!”
— M. Drew, YouTube Commenter
$4.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)