By Editorial Staff
Published October 1, 1988
Do You Want A Member of the ACLU as the Next President of the United States?
“I’m a card-carrying member of the American Civil Liberties Union.”
- Michael Dukakis
New York Magazine
August 17, 1987
What is the ACLU?
- It’s founder, Roger Baldwin, said this in 1920: “I am for socialism, disarmament, and ultimately for abolishing the State itself as an instrument of violence and compulsion. I seek social ownership of property, the abolition of the propertied class, and the sole control of those who produce wealth. Communism is the goal.”
What does the ACLU stand for?
- Among many other things, the ACLU has worked tirelessly for many years to oppose employee drug testing, to abolish the death penalty, to remove laws against homosexual marriage, and to guarantee homosexual couples the right to adopt children. The ACLU also defends the right to distribute child pornography, and opposes the right of governments to conduct covert operations or any other form of clandestine intelligence gathering.
- The Los Angeles chapter of the ACLU recently filed a lawsuit to require the Big Brothers of America to admit homosexuals into its mentor program for fatherless boys.
- The Illinois chapter of the ACLU has defended the “constitutional rights” of a doctor who has AIDS to continue to perform invasive medical procedures on patients.
- The Official Policy Guide of the ACLU, available upon request, spells out its clear agenda for America. Policy Number 242 argues that no one should go to prison, except for such crimes … so serious as murder or treason.
- The ACLU, which receives funding from the Playboy Foundation, has even argued in a Supreme Court case that child pornography is a form of free speech.
- Policy Number 211 states that the ACLU supports the decriminalization of prostitution and opposes state regulation of prostitution.
- The ACLU, in the name of “privacy rights,” also opposes such things as curfew ordinances for juveniles (Policy #206), sobriety road checks (#217), locker searches in high schools for illegal drugs (#76), and searches of people boarding airplanes (#270). The ACLU wants to remove all metal detectors in airports.
- Policy Number 18 states that the ACLU does not like the “restrictive impact on the marketplace of ideas” brought on by the current motion picture rating system, which designates movies G, PG, PG-13, R and X. The ACLU would like to abolish the code. The Guide states that “ … experience has shown that ratings inevitably have serious chilling effects on freedom of expression.”
- Policy Number 84 expresses the ACLU opinion that the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance are a “violation of the constitutional principle of separation of church and state.” They want to remove the phrase.
- Policy Number 210 says that “the introduction of substances into one’s own body” is a civil liberty, and therefore proposes that all drugs, including crack and angel dust, be legalized.
- Professor William Donohue, author of the Politics of the American Civil Liberties Union, states that the ACLU policy manual also favors the removal of “In God We Trust” from all coins – a position taken by Madalyn Murray O’Hare and her American Atheists organization.
How closely connected to the ACLU is Michael Dukakis?
- Dukakis’ campaign manager, Susan Estrich, is a member of the ACLU’s National Board. A long-time ACLU supporter, Estrich is the author of a chapter in the book Our Endangered Rights, an ACLU publication. Her essay, entitled “Sexual Justice” (written with Virginia Kerr), promotes “same sex” marriages and defends the rights of homosexual couples to gain custody of children.
- Estrich, the first woman to ever run a major presidential candidacy, served as an advisor to presidential candidates Ted Kennedy and Walter Mondale. According to Newsweek (June 27, 1988), Estrich’s views are “more liberal than Dukakis.” Her former colleagues describe her as a “redistributionist” who wants to “take from the haves and give to the have nots.”
- Newsweek asked the question, “What would happen to Estrich if Dukakis is elected? She would probably be a prime candidate for attorney general or domestic policy advisor.”
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper »
Your comments are welcome!
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Download the free Study Guide!
Is there a connection between pagan religion and the abortion industry?
This powerful presentation traces the biblical roots of child sacrifice and then delves into the social, political and cultural fall-out that this sin against God and crime against humanity has produced in our beleaguered society.
Conceived as a sequel and update to the 1988 classic, The Massacre of Innocence, the new title, The Abortion Matrix, is entirely fitting. It not only references abortion’s specific target – the sacred matrix where human beings are formed in the womb in the very image of God, but it also implies the existence of a conspiracy, a matrix of seemingly disparate forces that are driving this holocaust.
The occult activity surrounding the abortion industry is exposed with numerous examples. But are these just aberrations, bizarre yet anomalous examples of abortionists who just happen to have ties to modern day witchcraft? Or is this representative of something deeper, more sinister and even endemic to the entire abortion movement?
As the allusion to the film of over a decade ago suggests, the viewer may learn that things are not always as they appear to be. The Abortion Matrix reveals the reality of child-killing and strikes the proper moral chord to move hearts to fulfill the biblical responsibility to rescue those unjustly sentenced to death and to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves (Proverbs 24:11,12; 31:8,9).
Speakers include: George Grant, Peter Hammond, RC Sproul Jr., Paul Jehle, Lou Engle, Rusty Thomas, Flip Benham, Janet Porter and many more.
Ten parts, over three hours of instruction!
Running Time: 195 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
High Quality Paperback — 40 pages of dynamite!
Revival, Resistance, Reformation, Revolution
An Introduction to the Doctrines of Interposition and Nullification
In 1776, a short time after the Declaration of Independence was adopted, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Benjamin Franklin were assigned to design an official seal for the United States of America. Their proposed motto was Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God. America owes its existence to centuries of Christian political philosophy. Our nation provided a model for liberty copied by nations the world over.
By the 21st century, we need a “Puritan Storm” to sweep away the Hegelian notion that the state is “God walking on earth.” We need revival and reformation in full force to vanquish the problems that plague us as a nation — from government controlled healthcare — to abortion on demand — to same sex “marriage.” This booklet gives a primer on our founders’ Christian idea of government and examines how the doctrine of nullification was woven into the Constitution as a safeguard against federal tyranny. It concludes with the history and theology of civil resistance. A Second American Revolution is coming with the Word of God growing mightily and prevailing! (Acts 19:20).
$7.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
That Swiss Hermit Strikes Again!
Dr. Schaeffer, who was one of the most influential Christian thinkers in the twentieth century, shows that secular humanism has displaced the Judeo-Christian consensus that once defined our nation’s moral boundaries. Law, education, and medicine have all been reshaped for the worse as a consequence. America’s dominant worldview changed, Schaeffer charges, when Christians weren’t looking.
Schaeffer lists two reasons for evangelical indifference: a false concept of spirituality and fear. He calls on believers to stand against the tyranny and moral chaos that come when humanism reigns-and warns that believers may, at some point, be forced to make the hard choice between obeying God or Caesar. A Christian Manifesto is a thought-provoking and bracing Christian analysis of American culture and the obligation Christians have to engage the culture with the claims of Christ.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Foundations in Biblical Eschatology
By Jay Rogers, Larry Waugh, Rodney Stortz, Joseph Meiring. High quality paperback, 167 pages.
All Christians believe that their great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will one day return. Although we cannot know the exact time of His return, what exactly did Jesus mean when he spoke of the signs of His coming (Mat. 24)? How are we to interpret the prophecies in Isaiah regarding the time when “the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea” (Isa. 11:19)? Should we expect a time of great tribulation and apostasy or revival and reformation before the Lord returns? Is the devil bound now, and are the saints reigning with Christ? Did you know that there are four hermeneutical approaches to the book of Daniel and Revelation?
These and many more questions are dealt with by four authors as they present the four views on the millennium. Each view is then critiqued by the other three authors.
$12.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)