By Editorial Staff
Published September 1, 1993
By Margaret Farrar
MELBOURNE, Florida (FR) – Despite the predictions of the liberal media, Cities of Refuge – ten days of pro-life activities in seven strategic cities across America by Operation Rescue National – was a huge success. National media gave Cities of Refuge either negative or no coverage, possibly because they were disappointed by the low number of arrests. However, Cities of Refuge ranked among one of the largest and most effective pro-life events in American history.
On the average, 1856 people participated daily, with three out of four people participating for the first time. In a ten day period, 40 children were saved. From around the country the reported number of people affected by this event continues to grow.
- JACKSON, Mississippi – Hundreds of people interceded on behalf of women contemplating killing their children. Three successful, effective rescues occurred.
- CENTRAL FLORIDA – A travel camper was transformed into a mobile crisis pregnancy center and parked outside the Aware Woman mill in Port St. Lucie, Florida. Forty women were counselled during Cities of Refuge. Seven women were tested positive for pregnancy and all seven chose life for their children.
- SAN JOSE, California – Christians read the entire Bible in front of City Hall. The New Testament was read in front of Planned Parenthood’s facility. A pro-abort was moved to tears at one of the rallies while listening to pastor Johnny Hunter.
- PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania – Operation Rescue National leader, Keith Tucci was arrested in Philadelphia while he was in town scheduled to speak to area pro-lifers. Keith was held on a $200,000 bond before being released on his own recognizance.
- CLEVELAND, Ohio – Almost 300 pro-lifers were involved in street activities each day. Thirteen children were saved with no arrests. A large number of new activists were involved including many Cleveland area pastors who had previously been wary of Operation Rescue events. This was partially due to the fact that no arrests were scheduled to take place.
- DALLAS/FORT WORTH, Texas – Remains of murdered children were given a proper burial. Several successful rescues took place. One abortionist promised to quit. Three abortionists left town during the event. Two third-trimester children were saved through the efforts of sidewalk counselors.
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » forerunner
Your comments are welcome!
High Quality Paperback — 40 pages of dynamite!
Revival, Resistance, Reformation, Revolution
An Introduction to the Doctrines of Interposition and Nullification
In 1776, a short time after the Declaration of Independence was adopted, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Benjamin Franklin were assigned to design an official seal for the United States of America. Their proposed motto was Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God. America owes its existence to centuries of Christian political philosophy. Our nation provided a model for liberty copied by nations the world over.
By the 21st century, we need a “Puritan Storm” to sweep away the Hegelian notion that the state is “God walking on earth.” We need revival and reformation in full force to vanquish the problems that plague us as a nation — from government controlled healthcare — to abortion on demand — to same sex “marriage.” This booklet gives a primer on our founders’ Christian idea of government and examines how the doctrine of nullification was woven into the Constitution as a safeguard against federal tyranny. It concludes with the history and theology of civil resistance. A Second American Revolution is coming with the Word of God growing mightily and prevailing! (Acts 19:20).
$7.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
With “preaching to the lost” being such a basic foundation of Christianity, why do many in the church seem to be apathetic on this issue of preaching in highways and byways of towns and cities?
Is it biblical to stand in the public places of the world and proclaim the gospel, regardless if people want to hear it or not?
Does the Bible really call church pastors, leaders and evangelists to proclaim the gospel in the public square as part of obedience to the Great Commission, or is public preaching something that is outdated and not applicable for our day and age?
These any many other questions are answered in this documentary.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“When the lives of the unborn are snuffed out, they often feel pain, pain that is long and agonizing.” – President Ronald Reagan to National Religious Broadcasters Convention, January 1981
Ronald Reagan became convinced of this as a result of watching The Silent Scream – a movie he considered so powerful and convicting that he screened it at the White House.
The modern technology of real-time ultrasound now reveals the actual responses of a 12-week old fetus to being aborted. As the unborn child attempts to escape the abortionist’s suction curette, her motions can be seen to become desperately agitated and her heart rate doubles. Her mouth opens – as if to scream – but no sound can come out. Her scream doesn’t have to remain silent, however … not if you will become her voice. This newly re-mastered version features eight language tracks and two bonus videos.
“… a high technology “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” arousing public opinion just as Harriet Beecher Stowe’s 1852 antislavery novel ignited the abolitionist movement.” – Sen. Gordon Humphrey, Time Magazine
Languages: English, Spanish, French, South Korean, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese
Running Time: 28 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Who is the dreaded beast of Revelation?
Now at last, a plausible candidate for this personification of evil incarnate has been identified (or re-identified). Ken Gentry’s insightful analysis of scripture and history is likely to revolutionize your understanding of the book of Revelation — and even more importantly — amplify and energize your entire Christian worldview!
Historical footage and other graphics are used to illustrate the lecture Dr. Gentry presented at the 1999 Ligonier Conference in Orlando, Florida. It is followed by a one-hour question and answer session addressing the key concerns and objections typically raised in response to his position. This presentation also features an introduction that touches on not only the confusion and controversy surrounding this issue — but just why it may well be one of the most significant issues facing the Church today.
Ideal for group meetings, personal Bible study — for anyone who wants to understand the historical context of John’s famous letter “… to the seven churches which are in Asia.” (Revelation 1:4)
Running Time: 145 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Exposes the Dangers of Abortion to Women!
These shocking eyewitness accounts expose the dangers of abortion not only to unborn children, but to the health and lives women as well. An antidote to the smokescreens of the liberal media, these short clips show what really happens in and around abortion clinics.
Although the content is emotionally gut-wrenching, these videos have been used in church seminars and small groups to educate Christians on the abortion issue and to lead people toward a pro-life position. Contains 2 hours and 40 minutes of materials that can be shown separately.
Watch these pro-life videos on-line.
“These videos helped change my mind from pro-choice to pro-life. Your videos are what did it for me. I will be walking in next year’s March For Life in San Francisco.” — A. Jackson, California
“I was going to have an abortion until I saw your video. Praise Jesus!”
— M. Drew, YouTube Commenter
$4.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)