By Editorial Staff
Published September 1, 1993
By Margaret Farrar
MELBOURNE, Florida (FR) – Despite the predictions of the liberal media, Cities of Refuge – ten days of pro-life activities in seven strategic cities across America by Operation Rescue National – was a huge success. National media gave Cities of Refuge either negative or no coverage, possibly because they were disappointed by the low number of arrests. However, Cities of Refuge ranked among one of the largest and most effective pro-life events in American history.
On the average, 1856 people participated daily, with three out of four people participating for the first time. In a ten day period, 40 children were saved. From around the country the reported number of people affected by this event continues to grow.
- JACKSON, Mississippi – Hundreds of people interceded on behalf of women contemplating killing their children. Three successful, effective rescues occurred.
- CENTRAL FLORIDA – A travel camper was transformed into a mobile crisis pregnancy center and parked outside the Aware Woman mill in Port St. Lucie, Florida. Forty women were counselled during Cities of Refuge. Seven women were tested positive for pregnancy and all seven chose life for their children.
- SAN JOSE, California – Christians read the entire Bible in front of City Hall. The New Testament was read in front of Planned Parenthood’s facility. A pro-abort was moved to tears at one of the rallies while listening to pastor Johnny Hunter.
- PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania – Operation Rescue National leader, Keith Tucci was arrested in Philadelphia while he was in town scheduled to speak to area pro-lifers. Keith was held on a $200,000 bond before being released on his own recognizance.
- CLEVELAND, Ohio – Almost 300 pro-lifers were involved in street activities each day. Thirteen children were saved with no arrests. A large number of new activists were involved including many Cleveland area pastors who had previously been wary of Operation Rescue events. This was partially due to the fact that no arrests were scheduled to take place.
- DALLAS/FORT WORTH, Texas – Remains of murdered children were given a proper burial. Several successful rescues took place. One abortionist promised to quit. Three abortionists left town during the event. Two third-trimester children were saved through the efforts of sidewalk counselors.
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Pro-life Articles
Your comments are welcome!
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Foundations in Biblical Eschatology
By Jay Rogers, Larry Waugh, Rodney Stortz, Joseph Meiring. High quality paperback, 167 pages.
All Christians believe that their great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will one day return. Although we cannot know the exact time of His return, what exactly did Jesus mean when he spoke of the signs of His coming (Mat. 24)? How are we to interpret the prophecies in Isaiah regarding the time when “the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea” (Isa. 11:19)? Should we expect a time of great tribulation and apostasy or revival and reformation before the Lord returns? Is the devil bound now, and are the saints reigning with Christ? Did you know that there are four hermeneutical approaches to the book of Daniel and Revelation?
These and many more questions are dealt with by four authors as they present the four views on the millennium. Each view is then critiqued by the other three authors.
$12.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
With “preaching to the lost” being such a basic foundation of Christianity, why do many in the church seem to be apathetic on this issue of preaching in highways and byways of towns and cities?
Is it biblical to stand in the public places of the world and proclaim the gospel, regardless if people want to hear it or not?
Does the Bible really call church pastors, leaders and evangelists to proclaim the gospel in the public square as part of obedience to the Great Commission, or is public preaching something that is outdated and not applicable for our day and age?
These any many other questions are answered in this documentary.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
High Quality Paperback — 200 pages
A Reasonable Response to Christian Postmodernism
Includes a response to the book Christian Jihad by Colonel V. Doner
The title of this book is a misnomer. In reality, I am not trying to get anyone to shut up, but rather to provoke a discussion. This book is a warning about the philosophy of “Christian postmodernism” and the threat that it poses not only to Christian orthodoxy, but to the peace and prosperity our culture as well. The purpose is to equip the reader with some basic principles that can be used to refute their arguments.
Part 1 is a response to some of the recent writings by Frank Schaeffer, the son of the late Francis Schaeffer. This was originally written as a defense against Frank’s attacks on pro-life street activism – a movement that his father helped bring into being through his books, A Christian Manifesto, How Should We Then Live? and Whatever Happened to the Human Race? These works have impacted literally hundreds of thousands of Christian activists.
Part 2 is a response to Colonel Doner and his book, Christian Jihad: Neo-Fundamentalists and the Polarization of America. Doner was one of the key architects of the Christian Right that emerged in the 1980s, who now represents the disillusionment and defection many Christian activists experienced in the 1990s and 2000s. There is still great hope for America to be reformed according to biblical principles. As a new generation is emerging, it is important to recognize the mistakes that Christian activists have made in the past even while holding to a vision for the future.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
High Quality Paperback — 40 pages of dynamite!
Revival, Resistance, Reformation, Revolution
An Introduction to the Doctrines of Interposition and Nullification
In 1776, a short time after the Declaration of Independence was adopted, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Benjamin Franklin were assigned to design an official seal for the United States of America. Their proposed motto was Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God. America owes its existence to centuries of Christian political philosophy. Our nation provided a model for liberty copied by nations the world over.
By the 21st century, we need a “Puritan Storm” to sweep away the Hegelian notion that the state is “God walking on earth.” We need revival and reformation in full force to vanquish the problems that plague us as a nation — from government controlled healthcare — to abortion on demand — to same sex “marriage.” This booklet gives a primer on our founders’ Christian idea of government and examines how the doctrine of nullification was woven into the Constitution as a safeguard against federal tyranny. It concludes with the history and theology of civil resistance. A Second American Revolution is coming with the Word of God growing mightily and prevailing! (Acts 19:20).
$7.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)