By Jay Rogers
Published May 13, 2008
A History of the Downfall of Communism and the Beginning of Freedom for the Gospel in the former USSR
These articles are arranged in chronological order of their original appearance in The Forerunner. Be sure to check out Predvestnik – the Russian language Forerunner!
- Perestroika: New Thinking for Our Country and the World
- Mikhail Gorbachev - TIME Magazine's Man of the Year
- Report from Russia's Churches
- Delegation to Soviets: Release Christian dissident prisoners
- Russian Christians Celebrate 1000th Birthday
- President Reagan's Speech at Moscow State University
- Billy Graham Visits USSR
- Soviet Magazine to Serialize New Testament
- Russian Quotes from Two Centuries
- Toymaker's Dream Tours USSR
- Soviet Television News Crew Visits Evangelical Church
- Bibles and Christian Literature in Soviet Union
- USSR to make Christian Coin
- Landmark Year for Bible Deliveries to USSR
- Communist Youth Drop in Membership
- Foreign Radio Without Interference Allowed in USSR
- Russian Radio
- Free Elections in Soviet Union
- Seven Years of Prayer Key to Opening Soviet Union
- Christian Students To Study in USSR
- Christian Novel Popular in USSR
- Christian Book on Child-Rearing Sold in USSR
- Fast-Paced Changes in USSR
- Wall Street Journal Says Gorbachev May Be A Christian
- The Coming Transformation of the USSR
- Ukraine Launches Autonomy Movement
- Soviet Atheism Facing Crisis
- Thousands of Christian Books at Moscow Book Fair
- Latin American Evangelist Luis Palau Preaches in Soviet Union
- Is the Soviet Union Gog and Magog?
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's Warning to the West
- The Downfall of Communism
- Soviet Union Proposes Drastic Measures Toward Perestroika
- Chuck Colson's Prison Fellowship in USSR
- Sweeping Changes Are in Store for the USSR
- Prison Fellowship Invited to the Soviet Union
- Historic Soviet Congress
- A Report on the beginnings of Christian Youth International
- Mikhail Gorbachev - A Modern Cyrus?
- Called to Soviet Asia
- A Providential History of Russia
- Predvestnik: The Voice of a New Generation
- Mikhail Gorbachev: Can Perestroika Produce Democratic Freedom?
- An Analysis of the Soviet Awakening
- America Tries to Make Sense of Soviet Politics
- Christian Youth International July 1991 Conference
- White House Predicts Revival of Christianity in Russia
- Reforms Suggested for Soviet Schools
- The One-Way Mirror
- Mikhail Gorbachev quote
- Big changes in store for Ukraine
- Russian Forerunner almost shut down by coup attempt
- Nikita Khrushchev quote
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn's Triumphant Return
- More Letters on Russian Forerunner
- The Moscow 1991 Revolution: An Eyewitness Account
- Christian Youth International Begins
- A Special Report From Ukraine: Russian Forerunner in Kiev
- Letters to Predvestnik
- Yeltsin - A Christian?
- Moscow CYI conference and Kiev outreach held in March 1992
- NJ church to support Russian Forerunner
- Christian Youth International: Phenomenal Church growth in C.I.S.
- Communism on trial in Moscow
- Russian language Forerunner available in U.S.
- Report from Ukraine: Predvestnik's 4th press run
- Subscriptions to Russian Forerunner
- What is Christian Youth International?
- Special Report on a Recent Trip to Russia and Ukraine
- Trends: Rubles to Dollars - What is your money worth in the former USSR?
- End of ministry in former USSR? ... or just the beginning?
- Events of September 1993 in the Russian Federation
- Cult group disbands after leader predicts end of world in Kiev
- Failure of Russian Legislators: A Special Report
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Failure of Russian Legislators: A Special Report
Your comments are welcome!
Visit The Forerunner's Discussion Forum!
Special Two-Disc Set!
After 40 years of intense study and world-wide ministry, Dr. Francis Schaeffer completed his crowning work of scholarship – to present profound truths in simple film language. Dr. Schaeffer’s brilliant analysis of the past and predictions for current trends have proven so uncannily accurate that this amazing series still feels contemporary almost three decades after its initial release. Ultimately, Schaeffer concludes that man’s only hope is a return to God’s Biblical absolute, the truth revealed in Christ through the Scriptures.
Available for the first time on DVD, this documentary spectacular also includes intimate in-depth conversations with Francis and Edith Schaeffer. With the on-disc study guide, this presentation forms a unique course of comprehensive study. While this series forms an innovative analysis of the past, this outstanding work is more than history. Each episode focuses on a significant era, yet speaks clearly to 21st-century man with answers for modern problems.
$49.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Who is the Real Jesus?
Ever since the dawn of modern rationalism, skeptics have sought to use textual criticism, archeology and historical reconstructions to uncover the “historical Jesus” — a wise teacher who said many wonderful things, but fulfilled no prophecies, performed no miracles and certainly did not rise from the dead in triumph over sin.
Over the past 100 years, however, startling discoveries in biblical archeology and scholarship have all but vanquished the faulty assumptions of these doubting modernists. Regrettably, these discoveries have often been ignored by the skeptics as well as by the popular media. As a result, the liberal view still holds sway in universities and impacts the culture and even much of the church.
The Real Jesus explodes the myths of these critics and the movies, books and television programs that have popularized their views. Presented in ten parts — perfect for individual, family and classroom study — viewers will be challenged to go deeper in their knowledge of Christ in order to be able to defend their faith and present the truth to a skeptical modern world – that the Jesus of the Gospels is the Jesus of history — “the same yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). He is the real Jesus.
Speakers include: George Grant, Ted Baehr, Stephen Mansfield, Raymond Ortlund, Phil Kayser, David Lutzweiler, Jay Grimstead, J.P. Holding, and Eric Holmberg.
Ten parts, over two hours of instruction!
Running Time: 130 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Who is the dreaded beast of Revelation?
Now at last, a plausible candidate for this personification of evil incarnate has been identified (or re-identified). Ken Gentry’s insightful analysis of scripture and history is likely to revolutionize your understanding of the book of Revelation — and even more importantly — amplify and energize your entire Christian worldview!
Historical footage and other graphics are used to illustrate the lecture Dr. Gentry presented at the 1999 Ligonier Conference in Orlando, Florida. It is followed by a one-hour question and answer session addressing the key concerns and objections typically raised in response to his position. This presentation also features an introduction that touches on not only the confusion and controversy surrounding this issue — but just why it may well be one of the most significant issues facing the Church today.
Ideal for group meetings, personal Bible study — for anyone who wants to understand the historical context of John’s famous letter “… to the seven churches which are in Asia.” (Revelation 1:4)
Running Time: 145 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Download the Free Study Guide!
God’s Law and Society powerfully presents a comprehensive worldview based upon the ethical system found in the Law of God.
Speakers include: R.J. Rushdoony, George Grant, Howard Phillips, R.C. Sproul Jr., Ken Gentry, Gary DeMar, Jay Grimstead, Steven Schlissel, Andrew Sandlin, Eric Holmberg, and more!
Sixteen Christian leaders and scholars answer some of the most common questions and misconceptions related to this volatile issue:
1. Are we under Law or under Grace?
2. Does the Old Testament Law apply today?
3. Can we legislate morality?
4. What are the biblical foundations of government?
5. Was America founded as a Christian nation?
6. What about the separation of Church and State?
7. Is neutrality a myth?
8. What about non-Christians and the Law of God?
9. Would there be “freedom” in a Christian republic?
10. What would a “Christian America” look like?
Perfect for group instruction as well as personal Bible study.
Ten parts, over four hours of instruction!
Running Time: 240 minutes
Watch over 60 on-line video interviews from God’s Law and Society.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)