By Jay Rogers
Published May 13, 2008
A History of the Downfall of Communism and the Beginning of Freedom for the Gospel in the former USSR
These articles are arranged in chronological order of their original appearance in The Forerunner. Be sure to check out Predvestnik – the Russian language Forerunner!
- Perestroika: New Thinking for Our Country and the World
- Mikhail Gorbachev - TIME Magazine's Man of the Year
- Report from Russia's Churches
- Delegation to Soviets: Release Christian dissident prisoners
- Russian Christians Celebrate 1000th Birthday
- President Reagan's Speech at Moscow State University
- Billy Graham Visits USSR
- Soviet Magazine to Serialize New Testament
- Russian Quotes from Two Centuries
- Toymaker's Dream Tours USSR
- Soviet Television News Crew Visits Evangelical Church
- Bibles and Christian Literature in Soviet Union
- USSR to make Christian Coin
- Landmark Year for Bible Deliveries to USSR
- Communist Youth Drop in Membership
- Foreign Radio Without Interference Allowed in USSR
- Russian Radio
- Free Elections in Soviet Union
- Seven Years of Prayer Key to Opening Soviet Union
- Christian Students To Study in USSR
- Christian Novel Popular in USSR
- Christian Book on Child-Rearing Sold in USSR
- Fast-Paced Changes in USSR
- Wall Street Journal Says Gorbachev May Be A Christian
- The Coming Transformation of the USSR
- Ukraine Launches Autonomy Movement
- Soviet Atheism Facing Crisis
- Thousands of Christian Books at Moscow Book Fair
- Latin American Evangelist Luis Palau Preaches in Soviet Union
- Is the Soviet Union Gog and Magog?
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's Warning to the West
- The Downfall of Communism
- Soviet Union Proposes Drastic Measures Toward Perestroika
- Chuck Colson's Prison Fellowship in USSR
- Sweeping Changes Are in Store for the USSR
- Prison Fellowship Invited to the Soviet Union
- Historic Soviet Congress
- A Report on the beginnings of Christian Youth International
- Mikhail Gorbachev - A Modern Cyrus?
- Called to Soviet Asia
- A Providential History of Russia
- Predvestnik: The Voice of a New Generation
- Mikhail Gorbachev: Can Perestroika Produce Democratic Freedom?
- An Analysis of the Soviet Awakening
- America Tries to Make Sense of Soviet Politics
- Christian Youth International July 1991 Conference
- White House Predicts Revival of Christianity in Russia
- Reforms Suggested for Soviet Schools
- The One-Way Mirror
- Mikhail Gorbachev quote
- Big changes in store for Ukraine
- Russian Forerunner almost shut down by coup attempt
- Nikita Khrushchev quote
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn's Triumphant Return
- More Letters on Russian Forerunner
- The Moscow 1991 Revolution: An Eyewitness Account
- Christian Youth International Begins
- A Special Report From Ukraine: Russian Forerunner in Kiev
- Letters to Predvestnik
- Yeltsin - A Christian?
- Moscow CYI conference and Kiev outreach held in March 1992
- NJ church to support Russian Forerunner
- Christian Youth International: Phenomenal Church growth in C.I.S.
- Communism on trial in Moscow
- Russian language Forerunner available in U.S.
- Report from Ukraine: Predvestnik's 4th press run
- Subscriptions to Russian Forerunner
- What is Christian Youth International?
- Special Report on a Recent Trip to Russia and Ukraine
- Trends: Rubles to Dollars - What is your money worth in the former USSR?
- End of ministry in former USSR? ... or just the beginning?
- Events of September 1993 in the Russian Federation
- Cult group disbands after leader predicts end of world in Kiev
- Failure of Russian Legislators: A Special Report
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Failure of Russian Legislators: A Special Report
Your comments are welcome!
Visit The Forerunner's Discussion Forum!
Who is the dreaded beast of Revelation?
Now at last, a plausible candidate for this personification of evil incarnate has been identified (or re-identified). Ken Gentry’s insightful analysis of scripture and history is likely to revolutionize your understanding of the book of Revelation — and even more importantly — amplify and energize your entire Christian worldview!
Historical footage and other graphics are used to illustrate the lecture Dr. Gentry presented at the 1999 Ligonier Conference in Orlando, Florida. It is followed by a one-hour question and answer session addressing the key concerns and objections typically raised in response to his position. This presentation also features an introduction that touches on not only the confusion and controversy surrounding this issue — but just why it may well be one of the most significant issues facing the Church today.
Ideal for group meetings, personal Bible study — for anyone who wants to understand the historical context of John’s famous letter “… to the seven churches which are in Asia.” (Revelation 1:4)
Running Time: 145 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Foundations in Biblical Eschatology
By Jay Rogers, Larry Waugh, Rodney Stortz, Joseph Meiring. High quality paperback, 167 pages.
All Christians believe that their great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will one day return. Although we cannot know the exact time of His return, what exactly did Jesus mean when he spoke of the signs of His coming (Mat. 24)? How are we to interpret the prophecies in Isaiah regarding the time when “the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea” (Isa. 11:19)? Should we expect a time of great tribulation and apostasy or revival and reformation before the Lord returns? Is the devil bound now, and are the saints reigning with Christ? Did you know that there are four hermeneutical approaches to the book of Daniel and Revelation?
These and many more questions are dealt with by four authors as they present the four views on the millennium. Each view is then critiqued by the other three authors.
$12.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Exposing The Occult Roots of Abortion
This presentation looks at the spiritual roots of abortion and exposes the myths surrounding child killing. Little known historical facts about abortion and how they relate to modern feminism are presented logically and accurately. Has been effective in converting many to a pro-life position.
Massacre of Innocence goes where no pro-life presentation has gone before in “tearing the lid off abortion” to reveal the spiritual realities we must battle if we will bring an end to this crime. The presentation is absorbing, fast-paced, informative and incredibly devastating to any attempt to justify abortion.
“… an extraordinary statement … a powerfully articulate presentation about what abortion really means, and why a great and moral nation like the United States must not allow the slaughter to continue.”
— Congressman Robert K. Dornan
Running time: 85 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Download the Free Study Guide!
God’s Law and Society powerfully presents a comprehensive worldview based upon the ethical system found in the Law of God.
Speakers include: R.J. Rushdoony, George Grant, Howard Phillips, R.C. Sproul Jr., Ken Gentry, Gary DeMar, Jay Grimstead, Steven Schlissel, Andrew Sandlin, Eric Holmberg, and more!
Sixteen Christian leaders and scholars answer some of the most common questions and misconceptions related to this volatile issue:
1. Are we under Law or under Grace?
2. Does the Old Testament Law apply today?
3. Can we legislate morality?
4. What are the biblical foundations of government?
5. Was America founded as a Christian nation?
6. What about the separation of Church and State?
7. Is neutrality a myth?
8. What about non-Christians and the Law of God?
9. Would there be “freedom” in a Christian republic?
10. What would a “Christian America” look like?
Perfect for group instruction as well as personal Bible study.
Ten parts, over four hours of instruction!
Running Time: 240 minutes
Watch over 60 on-line video interviews from God’s Law and Society.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)