By Jay Rogers
Published May 13, 2008
A History of the Downfall of Communism and the Beginning of Freedom for the Gospel in the former USSR
These articles are arranged in chronological order of their original appearance in The Forerunner. Be sure to check out Predvestnik – the Russian language Forerunner!
- Perestroika: New Thinking for Our Country and the World
- Mikhail Gorbachev - TIME Magazine's Man of the Year
- Report from Russia's Churches
- Delegation to Soviets: Release Christian dissident prisoners
- Russian Christians Celebrate 1000th Birthday
- President Reagan's Speech at Moscow State University
- Billy Graham Visits USSR
- Soviet Magazine to Serialize New Testament
- Russian Quotes from Two Centuries
- Toymaker's Dream Tours USSR
- Soviet Television News Crew Visits Evangelical Church
- Bibles and Christian Literature in Soviet Union
- USSR to make Christian Coin
- Landmark Year for Bible Deliveries to USSR
- Communist Youth Drop in Membership
- Foreign Radio Without Interference Allowed in USSR
- Russian Radio
- Free Elections in Soviet Union
- Seven Years of Prayer Key to Opening Soviet Union
- Christian Students To Study in USSR
- Christian Novel Popular in USSR
- Christian Book on Child-Rearing Sold in USSR
- Fast-Paced Changes in USSR
- Wall Street Journal Says Gorbachev May Be A Christian
- The Coming Transformation of the USSR
- Ukraine Launches Autonomy Movement
- Soviet Atheism Facing Crisis
- Thousands of Christian Books at Moscow Book Fair
- Latin American Evangelist Luis Palau Preaches in Soviet Union
- Is the Soviet Union Gog and Magog?
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's Warning to the West
- The Downfall of Communism
- Soviet Union Proposes Drastic Measures Toward Perestroika
- Chuck Colson's Prison Fellowship in USSR
- Sweeping Changes Are in Store for the USSR
- Prison Fellowship Invited to the Soviet Union
- Historic Soviet Congress
- A Report on the beginnings of Christian Youth International
- Mikhail Gorbachev - A Modern Cyrus?
- Called to Soviet Asia
- A Providential History of Russia
- Predvestnik: The Voice of a New Generation
- Mikhail Gorbachev: Can Perestroika Produce Democratic Freedom?
- An Analysis of the Soviet Awakening
- America Tries to Make Sense of Soviet Politics
- Christian Youth International July 1991 Conference
- White House Predicts Revival of Christianity in Russia
- Reforms Suggested for Soviet Schools
- The One-Way Mirror
- Mikhail Gorbachev quote
- Big changes in store for Ukraine
- Russian Forerunner almost shut down by coup attempt
- Nikita Khrushchev quote
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn's Triumphant Return
- More Letters on Russian Forerunner
- The Moscow 1991 Revolution: An Eyewitness Account
- Christian Youth International Begins
- A Special Report From Ukraine: Russian Forerunner in Kiev
- Letters to Predvestnik
- Yeltsin - A Christian?
- Moscow CYI conference and Kiev outreach held in March 1992
- NJ church to support Russian Forerunner
- Christian Youth International: Phenomenal Church growth in C.I.S.
- Communism on trial in Moscow
- Russian language Forerunner available in U.S.
- Report from Ukraine: Predvestnik's 4th press run
- Subscriptions to Russian Forerunner
- What is Christian Youth International?
- Special Report on a Recent Trip to Russia and Ukraine
- Trends: Rubles to Dollars - What is your money worth in the former USSR?
- End of ministry in former USSR? ... or just the beginning?
- Events of September 1993 in the Russian Federation
- Cult group disbands after leader predicts end of world in Kiev
- Failure of Russian Legislators: A Special Report
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Failure of Russian Legislators: A Special Report
Your comments are welcome!
Visit The Forerunner's Discussion Forum!
Exposing The Occult Roots of Abortion
This presentation looks at the spiritual roots of abortion and exposes the myths surrounding child killing. Little known historical facts about abortion and how they relate to modern feminism are presented logically and accurately. Has been effective in converting many to a pro-life position.
Massacre of Innocence goes where no pro-life presentation has gone before in “tearing the lid off abortion” to reveal the spiritual realities we must battle if we will bring an end to this crime. The presentation is absorbing, fast-paced, informative and incredibly devastating to any attempt to justify abortion.
“… an extraordinary statement … a powerfully articulate presentation about what abortion really means, and why a great and moral nation like the United States must not allow the slaughter to continue.”
— Congressman Robert K. Dornan
Running time: 85 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
High Quality Paperback — 40 pages of dynamite!
Revival, Resistance, Reformation, Revolution
An Introduction to the Doctrines of Interposition and Nullification
In 1776, a short time after the Declaration of Independence was adopted, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Benjamin Franklin were assigned to design an official seal for the United States of America. Their proposed motto was Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God. America owes its existence to centuries of Christian political philosophy. Our nation provided a model for liberty copied by nations the world over.
By the 21st century, we need a “Puritan Storm” to sweep away the Hegelian notion that the state is “God walking on earth.” We need revival and reformation in full force to vanquish the problems that plague us as a nation — from government controlled healthcare — to abortion on demand — to same sex “marriage.” This booklet gives a primer on our founders’ Christian idea of government and examines how the doctrine of nullification was woven into the Constitution as a safeguard against federal tyranny. It concludes with the history and theology of civil resistance. A Second American Revolution is coming with the Word of God growing mightily and prevailing! (Acts 19:20).
$7.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Exposes the Dangers of Abortion to Women!
These shocking eyewitness accounts expose the dangers of abortion not only to unborn children, but to the health and lives women as well. An antidote to the smokescreens of the liberal media, these short clips show what really happens in and around abortion clinics.
Although the content is emotionally gut-wrenching, these videos have been used in church seminars and small groups to educate Christians on the abortion issue and to lead people toward a pro-life position. Contains 2 hours and 40 minutes of materials that can be shown separately.
Watch these pro-life videos on-line.
“These videos helped change my mind from pro-choice to pro-life. Your videos are what did it for me. I will be walking in next year’s March For Life in San Francisco.” — A. Jackson, California
“I was going to have an abortion until I saw your video. Praise Jesus!”
— M. Drew, YouTube Commenter
$4.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Foundations in Biblical Eschatology
By Jay Rogers, Larry Waugh, Rodney Stortz, Joseph Meiring. High quality paperback, 167 pages.
All Christians believe that their great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will one day return. Although we cannot know the exact time of His return, what exactly did Jesus mean when he spoke of the signs of His coming (Mat. 24)? How are we to interpret the prophecies in Isaiah regarding the time when “the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea” (Isa. 11:19)? Should we expect a time of great tribulation and apostasy or revival and reformation before the Lord returns? Is the devil bound now, and are the saints reigning with Christ? Did you know that there are four hermeneutical approaches to the book of Daniel and Revelation?
These and many more questions are dealt with by four authors as they present the four views on the millennium. Each view is then critiqued by the other three authors.
$12.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)