By Flip Benham
Director, Operation Save America
“Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you.” – 2 Chronicles 20:17
We are praying that God record’s His name in Orlando, Florida and His Holy Spirit bids you come. As you come receive this admonishment from God’s word, “Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help” (Psalm 146:3). We are beyond a political solution. The battle for the future of America is in our hands. We will show up, put our trust in Jesus, and witness the salvation of our Lord.
- Rev. Rusty Lee Thomas, Assistant Director, Operation Save America
My hope is not for another week-long event or a 40 Day event, but a 365-day concerted effort to end child-killing in our city in Jesus’ name.
- Jay Rogers, Orlando, Florida
Join Us In Orlando, July 16-23, 2011
We are not waiting for an election cycle to bring an end to child-killing. There is no time for that. We are going to unsheathe the Sword of the Spirit and bring justice to victory.
• We are not waiting for our government to stop abortion
• We are not waiting for President Obama to stop abortion
• We are not waiting for the Supreme Court to stop abortion
Abortion will come to an end in America when the Church of Jesus Christ makes up her mind that it will come to an end – not one second sooner! We have a promise from God that the gates of hell will not prevail against His church. Abortion is a Gospel issue. We win when we storm the gates of hell in Jesus’ Name.
We win when we show up!
The battle for the lives of preborn children is being won as gentle Christians live out their faith in the streets of their cities. Abortion is not a political issue. It is a Gospel issue. When gentle Christians allow their theology to become biography, the gates of hell cannot prevail! The heart of our nation is changing toward the unborn child.
The truth concerning the sanctity of life is overcoming the lie of abortion. The abortion industry is crumbling as the Church of Jesus Christ storms the gates of hell.
• In 1991 there were over 2,000 free standing abortion mills. Today, there are 713 and many more are closing.
• A recent Gallop poll showed that a majority of Americans identified themselves “prolife” (51% vs. 42%). This is the first time a majority of U.S. adults have identified themselves as pro-life since Gallup began asking this question in 1995.
• As the heart of our nation changes the politics of our nation is changing. In an exit poll on Nov 2, 2010, 30% of women reported that abortion affected their vote. Of these 22% reported voting pro-life and 8% pro-abortion.
• The Marist Poll in Jan 2010 reported 56% of all Americans and 58% of those ages 18-29 say abortion is “morally wrong.” We are winning the hearts of the young.
• “Personhood” initiatives for the unborn are now in process in all 50 states. We hope to gather 10,000 signatures for the Florida “Personhood” initiative this summer.
• Abortions peaked at just over 1.6 million children killed in 1990. Today, the annual number of abortions performed in the U.S. has dropped to levels not seen since the late 1970s. (CDC & Alan Guttmacher Institute).
• The three individuals most instrumental in ushering in the Roe v. Wade era are today, all professing, confessing, Christians – Norma McCorvey (Jane Roe), Sandra Cano (Mary Doe), and Dr. Bernard Nathanson (founder of NARAL).
• “Abortion opponents will achieve their goal without ever having to overturn Roe v. Wade (Kate Michelman of NARAL).
It is as the heart of a nation changes, that the laws of the land will begin to reflect that change.
The battle for the lives of preborn children must first be won in the streets of our cities before it will be won in Washington, D.C.
“You are the light of the world … let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven.” – Matthew 5: 14-16
Our Battle Cry
“If my people, who are called by my Name, shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” – 2 Chronicles 7:14
The charge by Rev. D. James Kennedy, for OSA National Event in Wichita, Kansas, 2001. Today there are no operating abortion mills in Wichita.
In spite of one of the most startling statements in all of God’s Word – ‘all those who hate me love death’ (Proverbs 8:36) – we have watched our beloved nation, in a very short period of time, become infatuated with death. The time has come for those who value human life to oppose this gross moral evil with every resource available under law. I charge you to understand that the battle is not with any human organization, but with the principalities and powers of darkness. It is Satan, whom Jesus called a murderer from the beginning, who is behind this thrust to kill the innocent. If the Christian Church can be mobilized into an effective spiritual assault team to fight these forces, we can have every confidence that God will grant us victory.
- Rev. D. James Kennedy
Orlando, Florida, July 16-23, 2011
• Join hundreds of Christians as they live out their faith on the streets of Orlando
• We will become a beacon of righteousness to a city and a nation losing its way.
• Abortion will come to an end in the city of Orlando when the Church of Jesus Christ makes up its mind it will come to an end.
• If not now—When?
• If not you—Who?
Days Inn Orlando Midtown
3300 S. Orange Blossom Trail (Rt 441)
Orlando, FL 32839
IMPORTANT: Out of town guests should make reservations early to avoid being in an overflow hotel. Ask for the “OSA Block.” Seven days rate $35.99 + tax per night. Daily: available at a higher rate. Mini-fridge in rooms, continental breakfast. The cut off date for reservations is June 10.
Orlando and central Florida residents are invited to all daily events and seminars. Registration is free. Call or email OSA for more information.
NOTE: The times and places of our daily events will be announced at an evening rally at an Orlando-area church. The time and place of the evening rallies will be announced soon.
Operation Save America
P.O Box 740066
Dallas, TX 75374
Communications Center: 704 706 2832
National Office: 704 933 3414