By Jay Rogers
Published May 13, 2008
- The Battle for World Dominion
- A Call for Action
- The Blessings of a Christian Society
- Bridging the Intellectual Void
- Marching to Victory!
- Reformation Bible Institute Correspondence School
- A Call For A Renewed Reformation Zeal
- Rivalry Over Great Principles Reaching Impasse
- The Ruling Power of Ideas
- What is a Worldview?
- The World's Greatest Thinkers Were Christians!
- Puritan Storm Rising!
- John Calvin on Justification By Faith Alone
- Models for Reformation: John Knox (1505-1572)
- Models for Reformation: Covenantal Lawsuits - Church of Scotland (1500s)
- Models for Reformation: Oliver Cromwell, Lord Protector (1599-1658)
- Models for Reformation: Puritan America (1620-1776)
- Models for Refomation: William Bradford, Plymouth Colony (1590–1657)
- Models for Reformation: John Winthrop, Massachusetts (1588-1649)
- Models for Reformation: Cotton Mather (1663-1728)
- Models for Reformation: Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758)
- Models for Reformation: Wesley to Wilberforce On Slavery (1791)
- Models for Reformation: The Christian Abolitionists (1800s)
- Models for Reformation: The Women's Suffrage Movement (1800s)
- Models for Reformation: Charles G. Finney (1792-1875)
- Models for Reformation: William Booth, The Salvation Army (1829-1912)
- Models for Reformation: Martin Niemöller, The Resistance (1892-1984)
- Applying Models for Reformation: The United States in the 21st Century
- The Power of Hope
- Pioneers, Settlers and Aristocrats: Three Generations of Christians in America
- Christian Committees of Correspondence: The Second American Revolution
- Christian Committees of Correspondence: Countering the Political Doldrums
- Randall Terry, Christian Defense Coalition
- The Gospel and Social Reform
- Shiloh Christian Fellowship
- Reformation of the Nations
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » The Battle for World Dominion
Your comments are welcome!
Visit The Forerunner's Discussion Forum!
“Give me liberty or give me death!”
Patrick Henry’s famous declaration not only helped launch the War for Independence, it also perfectly summarized the mindset that gave birth to, and sustained, the unprecedented experiment in Christian liberty that was America.
The freedom our Founders envisioned was not freedom from suffering, want, or hard work. Nor was it freedom to indulge every appetite or whim without restraint—that would merely be servitude to a different master. No, the Founders’ passion was to live free before God, unfettered by the chains of autocracy, shackles that slowly but inexorably bind men when the governments they fashion fail to recognize and uphold freedom’s singular, foundational truth: that all men are created in the image of God, and are thereby co-equally endowed with the right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
This presentation is a similar call, not to one but many. By reintroducing the principles of freedom that gave birth to America, it is our prayer that Jesus, the true and only ruler over the nations, will once again be our acknowledged Sovereign, that we may again know and exult in the great truth that “where the Spirit of the LORD is, there is liberty” (2 Cor. 3:17).
Welcome to the Second American Revolution!
This DVD features “Liberty: The Model of Christian Liberty” along with “Dawn’s Early Light: A Brief History of America’s Christian Foundations.” Bonus features include a humorous but instructive collection of campaign ads and Eric Holmberg’s controversial YouTube challenge concerning Mitt Romney’s campaign for president.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Who is the dreaded beast of Revelation?
Now at last, a plausible candidate for this personification of evil incarnate has been identified (or re-identified). Ken Gentry’s insightful analysis of scripture and history is likely to revolutionize your understanding of the book of Revelation — and even more importantly — amplify and energize your entire Christian worldview!
Historical footage and other graphics are used to illustrate the lecture Dr. Gentry presented at the 1999 Ligonier Conference in Orlando, Florida. It is followed by a one-hour question and answer session addressing the key concerns and objections typically raised in response to his position. This presentation also features an introduction that touches on not only the confusion and controversy surrounding this issue — but just why it may well be one of the most significant issues facing the Church today.
Ideal for group meetings, personal Bible study — for anyone who wants to understand the historical context of John’s famous letter “… to the seven churches which are in Asia.” (Revelation 1:4)
Running Time: 145 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Exposes the Dangers of Abortion to Women!
These shocking eyewitness accounts expose the dangers of abortion not only to unborn children, but to the health and lives women as well. An antidote to the smokescreens of the liberal media, these short clips show what really happens in and around abortion clinics.
Although the content is emotionally gut-wrenching, these videos have been used in church seminars and small groups to educate Christians on the abortion issue and to lead people toward a pro-life position. Contains 2 hours and 40 minutes of materials that can be shown separately.
Watch these pro-life videos on-line.
“These videos helped change my mind from pro-choice to pro-life. Your videos are what did it for me. I will be walking in next year’s March For Life in San Francisco.” — A. Jackson, California
“I was going to have an abortion until I saw your video. Praise Jesus!”
— M. Drew, YouTube Commenter
$4.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Download the Free Study Guide!
Just what is Calvinism?
Does this teaching make man a deterministic robot and God the author of sin? What about free will? If the church accepts Calvinism, won’t evangelism be stifled, perhaps even extinguished? How can we balance God’s sovereignty and man’s responsibility? What are the differences between historic Calvinism and hyper-Calvinism? Why did men like Augustine, Luther, Calvin, Spurgeon, Whitefield, Edwards and a host of renowned Protestant evangelists embrace the teaching of predestination and election and deny free will theology?
This is the first video documentary that answers these and other related questions. Hosted by Eric Holmberg, this fascinating three-part, four-hour presentation is detailed enough so as to not gloss over the controversy. At the same time, it is broken up into ten “Sunday-school-sized” sections to make the rich content manageable and accessible for the average viewer.
Running Time: 257 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)