By Jay Rogers
Published May 13, 2008
- Aid Floods into Romania after Fall of Ceausescu
- Aid to Vietnam
- Apartheid Being Dismantled
- Australia - Prayer at Capital
- Australia and New Zealand Report
- Baguio City, Philippines experiences revival
- Baltic States Cry for Freedom
- Billy Graham Draws Record Breaking Crowds in London
- Breaking Up the Eastern Bloc
- Christian Leader of Uganda Pledges to Restore Justice
- Christian Unity Triumphs Over Ethnic Hostility in former Yugoslavia
- Churches in Latin America, India and China experience explosive growth
- Crisis in Iraq could lead to conflict with Islam
- East & West Germany Move Toward Reunification
- Eastern Europe Opening
- First Church Building Opened in Communist North Korea
- Go Ye!
- Green Party in Germany
- Holy Spirit Moves throughout the World
- Hope for South Africa!
- Hungary's Church
- Indonesian Evangelist Predicts Global Awakening
- Indonesian Muslim's testimony
- Iranian Church Growing
- Jaanus Karner - Estonia
- Jaanus Karner - Prophecy
- Jaanus Karner's testimony
- Kenya Outreach
- Nagaland Revival
- New Zealand Revival
- North Korea Evangelization
- Peace Talks Will Spread Christianity in Islamic World
- Philippines 1988
- Post-Marxist countries experience spiritual awakening
- Pro-democracy Movements Sweep AFRICA
- Rate of Conversions Climbing among Muslims in Kenya
- Reflections After Desert Storm
- Report from the Church in North Korea
- Reports of Revival from Saudi Arabia
- Satanic Fury: The Force Behind Islam
- Singaporean student testimony
- South African Student Testimony
- Soviet Soldiers in Afghanistan
- Spain: Five Hundred Years and Religious Freedom
- Testimony from Uganda
- Testimony of prophetic minister from Singapore
- The Baltic States: United for Independence?
- The Collapse of Communism
- The Fallen Star of Islam
- The Humiliation Factor: The Restoration of Iraq and Kuwait
- The Triumph of Faith and Freedom Over Communism
- Three Brave Nations: Baltic States
- Twilight of Scandinavian Socialism
- Uganda's First Lady: AIDS a Moral Problem
- Unleashing the Force of Freedom: George Bush Addresses Europe
- Vineyard Conference in England
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Apartheid Being Dismantled
Your comments are welcome!
Who is the Real Jesus?
Ever since the dawn of modern rationalism, skeptics have sought to use textual criticism, archeology and historical reconstructions to uncover the “historical Jesus” — a wise teacher who said many wonderful things, but fulfilled no prophecies, performed no miracles and certainly did not rise from the dead in triumph over sin.
Over the past 100 years, however, startling discoveries in biblical archeology and scholarship have all but vanquished the faulty assumptions of these doubting modernists. Regrettably, these discoveries have often been ignored by the skeptics as well as by the popular media. As a result, the liberal view still holds sway in universities and impacts the culture and even much of the church.
The Real Jesus explodes the myths of these critics and the movies, books and television programs that have popularized their views. Presented in ten parts — perfect for individual, family and classroom study — viewers will be challenged to go deeper in their knowledge of Christ in order to be able to defend their faith and present the truth to a skeptical modern world – that the Jesus of the Gospels is the Jesus of history — “the same yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). He is the real Jesus.
Speakers include: George Grant, Ted Baehr, Stephen Mansfield, Raymond Ortlund, Phil Kayser, David Lutzweiler, Jay Grimstead, J.P. Holding, and Eric Holmberg.
Ten parts, over two hours of instruction!
Running Time: 130 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“When the lives of the unborn are snuffed out, they often feel pain, pain that is long and agonizing.” – President Ronald Reagan to National Religious Broadcasters Convention, January 1981
Ronald Reagan became convinced of this as a result of watching The Silent Scream – a movie he considered so powerful and convicting that he screened it at the White House.
The modern technology of real-time ultrasound now reveals the actual responses of a 12-week old fetus to being aborted. As the unborn child attempts to escape the abortionist’s suction curette, her motions can be seen to become desperately agitated and her heart rate doubles. Her mouth opens – as if to scream – but no sound can come out. Her scream doesn’t have to remain silent, however … not if you will become her voice. This newly re-mastered version features eight language tracks and two bonus videos.
“… a high technology “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” arousing public opinion just as Harriet Beecher Stowe’s 1852 antislavery novel ignited the abolitionist movement.” – Sen. Gordon Humphrey, Time Magazine
Languages: English, Spanish, French, South Korean, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese
Running Time: 28 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Give me liberty or give me death!”
Patrick Henry’s famous declaration not only helped launch the War for Independence, it also perfectly summarized the mindset that gave birth to, and sustained, the unprecedented experiment in Christian liberty that was America.
The freedom our Founders envisioned was not freedom from suffering, want, or hard work. Nor was it freedom to indulge every appetite or whim without restraint—that would merely be servitude to a different master. No, the Founders’ passion was to live free before God, unfettered by the chains of autocracy, shackles that slowly but inexorably bind men when the governments they fashion fail to recognize and uphold freedom’s singular, foundational truth: that all men are created in the image of God, and are thereby co-equally endowed with the right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
This presentation is a similar call, not to one but many. By reintroducing the principles of freedom that gave birth to America, it is our prayer that Jesus, the true and only ruler over the nations, will once again be our acknowledged Sovereign, that we may again know and exult in the great truth that “where the Spirit of the LORD is, there is liberty” (2 Cor. 3:17).
Welcome to the Second American Revolution!
This DVD features “Liberty: The Model of Christian Liberty” along with “Dawn’s Early Light: A Brief History of America’s Christian Foundations.” Bonus features include a humorous but instructive collection of campaign ads and Eric Holmberg’s controversial YouTube challenge concerning Mitt Romney’s campaign for president.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Special Two-Disc Set!
After 40 years of intense study and world-wide ministry, Dr. Francis Schaeffer completed his crowning work of scholarship – to present profound truths in simple film language. Dr. Schaeffer’s brilliant analysis of the past and predictions for current trends have proven so uncannily accurate that this amazing series still feels contemporary almost three decades after its initial release. Ultimately, Schaeffer concludes that man’s only hope is a return to God’s Biblical absolute, the truth revealed in Christ through the Scriptures.
Available for the first time on DVD, this documentary spectacular also includes intimate in-depth conversations with Francis and Edith Schaeffer. With the on-disc study guide, this presentation forms a unique course of comprehensive study. While this series forms an innovative analysis of the past, this outstanding work is more than history. Each episode focuses on a significant era, yet speaks clearly to 21st-century man with answers for modern problems.
$49.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
High Quality Paperback — 219 pages
Foundations in Biblical Orthodoxy
Driving down a country road sometime, you might see a church with a sign proudly proclaiming: “No book but the Bible — No creed but Christ.” The problem with this statement is that the word creed (from the Latin: credo) simply means “belief.” All Christians have beliefs, regardless of whether they are written.
Yet a single book containing the actual texts of the most important creeds of the early Church will not often be found. Out of the multitude of works on the evangelical Christian book market today, those dealing with the creeds of the Church are scarce.
Why Creeds and Confessions? provides a foundation of biblical orthodoxy as a defense against the false and truly heretical doctrines advanced by the spirit of this age.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)