By Jay Rogers
Published May 13, 2008
- Aid Floods into Romania after Fall of Ceausescu
- Aid to Vietnam
- Apartheid Being Dismantled
- Australia - Prayer at Capital
- Australia and New Zealand Report
- Baguio City, Philippines experiences revival
- Baltic States Cry for Freedom
- Billy Graham Draws Record Breaking Crowds in London
- Breaking Up the Eastern Bloc
- Christian Leader of Uganda Pledges to Restore Justice
- Christian Unity Triumphs Over Ethnic Hostility in former Yugoslavia
- Churches in Latin America, India and China experience explosive growth
- Crisis in Iraq could lead to conflict with Islam
- East & West Germany Move Toward Reunification
- Eastern Europe Opening
- First Church Building Opened in Communist North Korea
- Go Ye!
- Green Party in Germany
- Holy Spirit Moves throughout the World
- Hope for South Africa!
- Hungary's Church
- Indonesian Evangelist Predicts Global Awakening
- Indonesian Muslim's testimony
- Iranian Church Growing
- Jaanus Karner - Estonia
- Jaanus Karner - Prophecy
- Jaanus Karner's testimony
- Kenya Outreach
- Nagaland Revival
- New Zealand Revival
- North Korea Evangelization
- Peace Talks Will Spread Christianity in Islamic World
- Philippines 1988
- Post-Marxist countries experience spiritual awakening
- Pro-democracy Movements Sweep AFRICA
- Rate of Conversions Climbing among Muslims in Kenya
- Reflections After Desert Storm
- Report from the Church in North Korea
- Reports of Revival from Saudi Arabia
- Satanic Fury: The Force Behind Islam
- Singaporean student testimony
- South African Student Testimony
- Soviet Soldiers in Afghanistan
- Spain: Five Hundred Years and Religious Freedom
- Testimony from Uganda
- Testimony of prophetic minister from Singapore
- The Baltic States: United for Independence?
- The Collapse of Communism
- The Fallen Star of Islam
- The Humiliation Factor: The Restoration of Iraq and Kuwait
- The Triumph of Faith and Freedom Over Communism
- Three Brave Nations: Baltic States
- Twilight of Scandinavian Socialism
- Uganda's First Lady: AIDS a Moral Problem
- Unleashing the Force of Freedom: George Bush Addresses Europe
- Vineyard Conference in England
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Apartheid Being Dismantled
Your comments are welcome!
Special Two-Disc Set!
After 40 years of intense study and world-wide ministry, Dr. Francis Schaeffer completed his crowning work of scholarship – to present profound truths in simple film language. Dr. Schaeffer’s brilliant analysis of the past and predictions for current trends have proven so uncannily accurate that this amazing series still feels contemporary almost three decades after its initial release. Ultimately, Schaeffer concludes that man’s only hope is a return to God’s Biblical absolute, the truth revealed in Christ through the Scriptures.
Available for the first time on DVD, this documentary spectacular also includes intimate in-depth conversations with Francis and Edith Schaeffer. With the on-disc study guide, this presentation forms a unique course of comprehensive study. While this series forms an innovative analysis of the past, this outstanding work is more than history. Each episode focuses on a significant era, yet speaks clearly to 21st-century man with answers for modern problems.
$49.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
High Quality Paperback — 200 pages
A Reasonable Response to Christian Postmodernism
Includes a response to the book Christian Jihad by Colonel V. Doner
The title of this book is a misnomer. In reality, I am not trying to get anyone to shut up, but rather to provoke a discussion. This book is a warning about the philosophy of “Christian postmodernism” and the threat that it poses not only to Christian orthodoxy, but to the peace and prosperity our culture as well. The purpose is to equip the reader with some basic principles that can be used to refute their arguments.
Part 1 is a response to some of the recent writings by Frank Schaeffer, the son of the late Francis Schaeffer. This was originally written as a defense against Frank’s attacks on pro-life street activism – a movement that his father helped bring into being through his books, A Christian Manifesto, How Should We Then Live? and Whatever Happened to the Human Race? These works have impacted literally hundreds of thousands of Christian activists.
Part 2 is a response to Colonel Doner and his book, Christian Jihad: Neo-Fundamentalists and the Polarization of America. Doner was one of the key architects of the Christian Right that emerged in the 1980s, who now represents the disillusionment and defection many Christian activists experienced in the 1990s and 2000s. There is still great hope for America to be reformed according to biblical principles. As a new generation is emerging, it is important to recognize the mistakes that Christian activists have made in the past even while holding to a vision for the future.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Download the Free Study Guide!
Just what is Calvinism?
Does this teaching make man a deterministic robot and God the author of sin? What about free will? If the church accepts Calvinism, won’t evangelism be stifled, perhaps even extinguished? How can we balance God’s sovereignty and man’s responsibility? What are the differences between historic Calvinism and hyper-Calvinism? Why did men like Augustine, Luther, Calvin, Spurgeon, Whitefield, Edwards and a host of renowned Protestant evangelists embrace the teaching of predestination and election and deny free will theology?
This is the first video documentary that answers these and other related questions. Hosted by Eric Holmberg, this fascinating three-part, four-hour presentation is detailed enough so as to not gloss over the controversy. At the same time, it is broken up into ten “Sunday-school-sized” sections to make the rich content manageable and accessible for the average viewer.
Running Time: 257 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Foundations in Biblical Eschatology
By Jay Rogers, Larry Waugh, Rodney Stortz, Joseph Meiring. High quality paperback, 167 pages.
All Christians believe that their great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will one day return. Although we cannot know the exact time of His return, what exactly did Jesus mean when he spoke of the signs of His coming (Mat. 24)? How are we to interpret the prophecies in Isaiah regarding the time when “the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea” (Isa. 11:19)? Should we expect a time of great tribulation and apostasy or revival and reformation before the Lord returns? Is the devil bound now, and are the saints reigning with Christ? Did you know that there are four hermeneutical approaches to the book of Daniel and Revelation?
These and many more questions are dealt with by four authors as they present the four views on the millennium. Each view is then critiqued by the other three authors.
$12.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Who is the Real Jesus?
Ever since the dawn of modern rationalism, skeptics have sought to use textual criticism, archeology and historical reconstructions to uncover the “historical Jesus” — a wise teacher who said many wonderful things, but fulfilled no prophecies, performed no miracles and certainly did not rise from the dead in triumph over sin.
Over the past 100 years, however, startling discoveries in biblical archeology and scholarship have all but vanquished the faulty assumptions of these doubting modernists. Regrettably, these discoveries have often been ignored by the skeptics as well as by the popular media. As a result, the liberal view still holds sway in universities and impacts the culture and even much of the church.
The Real Jesus explodes the myths of these critics and the movies, books and television programs that have popularized their views. Presented in ten parts — perfect for individual, family and classroom study — viewers will be challenged to go deeper in their knowledge of Christ in order to be able to defend their faith and present the truth to a skeptical modern world – that the Jesus of the Gospels is the Jesus of history — “the same yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). He is the real Jesus.
Speakers include: George Grant, Ted Baehr, Stephen Mansfield, Raymond Ortlund, Phil Kayser, David Lutzweiler, Jay Grimstead, J.P. Holding, and Eric Holmberg.
Ten parts, over two hours of instruction!
Running Time: 130 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)