By Jay Rogers
Published May 13, 2008
- Aid Floods into Romania after Fall of Ceausescu
- Aid to Vietnam
- Apartheid Being Dismantled
- Australia - Prayer at Capital
- Australia and New Zealand Report
- Baguio City, Philippines experiences revival
- Baltic States Cry for Freedom
- Billy Graham Draws Record Breaking Crowds in London
- Breaking Up the Eastern Bloc
- Christian Leader of Uganda Pledges to Restore Justice
- Christian Unity Triumphs Over Ethnic Hostility in former Yugoslavia
- Churches in Latin America, India and China experience explosive growth
- Crisis in Iraq could lead to conflict with Islam
- East & West Germany Move Toward Reunification
- Eastern Europe Opening
- First Church Building Opened in Communist North Korea
- Go Ye!
- Green Party in Germany
- Holy Spirit Moves throughout the World
- Hope for South Africa!
- Hungary's Church
- Indonesian Evangelist Predicts Global Awakening
- Indonesian Muslim's testimony
- Iranian Church Growing
- Jaanus Karner - Estonia
- Jaanus Karner - Prophecy
- Jaanus Karner's testimony
- Kenya Outreach
- Nagaland Revival
- New Zealand Revival
- North Korea Evangelization
- Peace Talks Will Spread Christianity in Islamic World
- Philippines 1988
- Post-Marxist countries experience spiritual awakening
- Pro-democracy Movements Sweep AFRICA
- Rate of Conversions Climbing among Muslims in Kenya
- Reflections After Desert Storm
- Report from the Church in North Korea
- Reports of Revival from Saudi Arabia
- Satanic Fury: The Force Behind Islam
- Singaporean student testimony
- South African Student Testimony
- Soviet Soldiers in Afghanistan
- Spain: Five Hundred Years and Religious Freedom
- Testimony from Uganda
- Testimony of prophetic minister from Singapore
- The Baltic States: United for Independence?
- The Collapse of Communism
- The Fallen Star of Islam
- The Humiliation Factor: The Restoration of Iraq and Kuwait
- The Triumph of Faith and Freedom Over Communism
- Three Brave Nations: Baltic States
- Twilight of Scandinavian Socialism
- Uganda's First Lady: AIDS a Moral Problem
- Unleashing the Force of Freedom: George Bush Addresses Europe
- Vineyard Conference in England
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Apartheid Being Dismantled
Your comments are welcome!
High Quality Paperback — 200 pages
A Reasonable Response to Christian Postmodernism
Includes a response to the book Christian Jihad by Colonel V. Doner
The title of this book is a misnomer. In reality, I am not trying to get anyone to shut up, but rather to provoke a discussion. This book is a warning about the philosophy of “Christian postmodernism” and the threat that it poses not only to Christian orthodoxy, but to the peace and prosperity our culture as well. The purpose is to equip the reader with some basic principles that can be used to refute their arguments.
Part 1 is a response to some of the recent writings by Frank Schaeffer, the son of the late Francis Schaeffer. This was originally written as a defense against Frank’s attacks on pro-life street activism – a movement that his father helped bring into being through his books, A Christian Manifesto, How Should We Then Live? and Whatever Happened to the Human Race? These works have impacted literally hundreds of thousands of Christian activists.
Part 2 is a response to Colonel Doner and his book, Christian Jihad: Neo-Fundamentalists and the Polarization of America. Doner was one of the key architects of the Christian Right that emerged in the 1980s, who now represents the disillusionment and defection many Christian activists experienced in the 1990s and 2000s. There is still great hope for America to be reformed according to biblical principles. As a new generation is emerging, it is important to recognize the mistakes that Christian activists have made in the past even while holding to a vision for the future.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
High Quality Paperback — 219 pages
Foundations in Biblical Orthodoxy
Driving down a country road sometime, you might see a church with a sign proudly proclaiming: “No book but the Bible — No creed but Christ.” The problem with this statement is that the word creed (from the Latin: credo) simply means “belief.” All Christians have beliefs, regardless of whether they are written.
Yet a single book containing the actual texts of the most important creeds of the early Church will not often be found. Out of the multitude of works on the evangelical Christian book market today, those dealing with the creeds of the Church are scarce.
Why Creeds and Confessions? provides a foundation of biblical orthodoxy as a defense against the false and truly heretical doctrines advanced by the spirit of this age.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Who is the dreaded beast of Revelation?
Now at last, a plausible candidate for this personification of evil incarnate has been identified (or re-identified). Ken Gentry’s insightful analysis of scripture and history is likely to revolutionize your understanding of the book of Revelation — and even more importantly — amplify and energize your entire Christian worldview!
Historical footage and other graphics are used to illustrate the lecture Dr. Gentry presented at the 1999 Ligonier Conference in Orlando, Florida. It is followed by a one-hour question and answer session addressing the key concerns and objections typically raised in response to his position. This presentation also features an introduction that touches on not only the confusion and controversy surrounding this issue — but just why it may well be one of the most significant issues facing the Church today.
Ideal for group meetings, personal Bible study — for anyone who wants to understand the historical context of John’s famous letter “… to the seven churches which are in Asia.” (Revelation 1:4)
Running Time: 145 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Who is the Real Jesus?
Ever since the dawn of modern rationalism, skeptics have sought to use textual criticism, archeology and historical reconstructions to uncover the “historical Jesus” — a wise teacher who said many wonderful things, but fulfilled no prophecies, performed no miracles and certainly did not rise from the dead in triumph over sin.
Over the past 100 years, however, startling discoveries in biblical archeology and scholarship have all but vanquished the faulty assumptions of these doubting modernists. Regrettably, these discoveries have often been ignored by the skeptics as well as by the popular media. As a result, the liberal view still holds sway in universities and impacts the culture and even much of the church.
The Real Jesus explodes the myths of these critics and the movies, books and television programs that have popularized their views. Presented in ten parts — perfect for individual, family and classroom study — viewers will be challenged to go deeper in their knowledge of Christ in order to be able to defend their faith and present the truth to a skeptical modern world – that the Jesus of the Gospels is the Jesus of history — “the same yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). He is the real Jesus.
Speakers include: George Grant, Ted Baehr, Stephen Mansfield, Raymond Ortlund, Phil Kayser, David Lutzweiler, Jay Grimstead, J.P. Holding, and Eric Holmberg.
Ten parts, over two hours of instruction!
Running Time: 130 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)