Jeff Bezos Meets the News Media Zombies
You may or may not be aware of Amazon Web Services, which is part of the Jeff Bezos owned conglomerate that seeks to rule the planet. Not only does Amazon have a virtual monopoly through on-line sales, but also makes billions of dollars by providing web services seeking to inform and influence the human race even beyond our planet by also pioneering privately-funded space exploration.
The following information on AWS can be found their Wikipedia article.
AWS is a subsidiary of Amazon providing on-demand cloud computing platforms to individuals, companies, and governments.
- Notable customers include NASA, the Obama presidential campaign of 2012, and Netflix.
- In October 2013, it was revealed that AWS was awarded a $600 million contract with the CIA.
- Later in 2013, Jeff Bezos bought the Washington Post for $250 million.
- During August 2014, AWS received Department of Defense-Wide provisional authorization for all U.S. Regions.
- In 2015, AWS disclosed that they have more than a million active customers every month in 190 countries, including nearly 2,000 government agencies, 5,000 education institutions and more than 17,500 nonprofits.
- In 2019, it was reported that more than 80% of Germany’s listed DAX companies use AWS.
- In August 2019, the U.S. Navy said it moved 72,000 users from six commands to an AWS cloud system as a first step toward pushing all of its data and analytics onto the cloud.
- In 2021, DISH Network announced they will develop and launch its 5G network on AWS.
- In July 2021, it was revealed that AWS had been in a bidding war with Microsoft over a $10 billion cloud-computing “JEDI” contract with the Pentagon.
- In October 2021, it was reported that spy agencies and government departments in the UK such as GCHQ, MI5, MI6, and the Ministry of Defence, have contracted AWS to host their classified materials.