By Jay Rogers
Published May 13, 2008
A History of Operation Rescue
“Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death;
don’t stand back and watch them die” (Proverbs 24:11, TLB).
Operation Rescue articles are listed in the order they appeared in The Forerunner.
- Rescue Mission at Cherry Hill Abortion Clinic
- Operation Rescue in New York City
- Operation Rescue in Philadelphia
- Operation Rescue & Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s
- Who Are Operation Rescue's Activists?
- Randall Terry Interview
- Humble Hero in Atlanta's Rescue
- Notes From The Underground
- Pro-Life Leader Joan Andrews Released from Prison
- Atlanta: Operation Rescue
- Randall Terry: Reformer of the Year 1988
- Operation Rescue in New Zealand
- First All-Black Rescue in Michigan
- Violence on Pro-lifers: Operation Rescue Testimonies
- Why I Went to Jail for Life: Brookline Operation Rescue Story
- Hartford Connecticut Operation Rescue Testimony
- Police Attack Pro-Lifers in West Hartford Connecticut
- Saving Superman: Operation Rescue Testimony
- Third trimester abortions the reason for pro-life demonstrations in Wichita
- What REALLY Happened in Wichita, Kansas
- Cities of Refuge: An Interview with Keith Tucci
- Cities of Refuge: VICTORY!
- Abortion Clinic Buffer Zone Ruled Unconstitutional
- Clearing the Media Smokescreens
- Pro-life Activism
- Maryland Governor Becomes Pro-Life Convert?
- Hospital bans elective abortions
- Canadian Pro-Life Movement
- Norm Stone - Abortion Walk
- Jerry Brown - Is he pro-life now?
- Marxism and Abortion
- Abortion major issue in 1988 election
- Attorney General's pro-life case will be heard by Supreme Court
- Pro-life Leader Appointed to Federal Post
- Parental Consent Laws Now Required
- George Will calls Roe v.Wade "bad"
- Justice Department Urges Overturn of Roe vs. Wade
- Roe "Arbitrary" says Blackmun
- Women Injured by Abortion Bring Action Suits Against Clinics
- Removing the Media's Smokescreens
- Former abortionists become pro-life
- Test Your Abortion I.Q.
- Webster Case Reaction Varied
- European Pro-life Forces Fueled by Webster Decision
- Abortion Debate Promises to Divide America
- Victory for Pro-life in Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court On A Collision Course with Roe vs. Wade
- Safe, Legal Abortion?
- Abortion or Infanticide?
- Pro-life Victories!
- Freedom of Choice?
- Abortion and the News Media - Part I
- Abortion and the News Media - Part II
- Learning Before Birth
- Poll reveals most Americans don't know facts on Roe vs. Wade
- Life's Edge: A Special Report on Baby David
- Third Trimester Abortion Exposed by NY Press
- Selling Lies: Deception & the Abortion Industry
- Most Americans Oppose Most Abortions, Wirthlin Poll Finds
- Debater Admits: Abortion is Murder
- Life Without Roe: Making Predictions About Illegal Abortions
- Who Really Speaks for Women?
- The Forerunners of the Women's Movement Were Pro-life
- Confessions of a Convert
- Kevorkian Let Victim Die Amidst Protests
- Clearing the Media Smokescreens
- What Would You Choose?
- Supreme Court Upholds Webster Case
- MIT study discounts safety of French abortion pill
- Stop the AFL-CIO from supporting abortion
- Second Thoughts
- Norma McCorvey: "Jane Roe" of Roe v. Wade
- "Public Views" on abortion depend on questions asked
- Reader Questions Pro-Life Argument
- Pro-Choice Rationale & Pro-Slavery Rationale
- Researchers: Post-Abortion Syndrome a Growing Health Problem
- Point - Counterpoint on Abortion
- Medical Ethics
- Hollywood film carries strong pro-life message.
- A Higher Moral Code
- The Elections of 1856 and 1992
- Defending the Right to Life
- Sick of Death: Testimony of Bernard Nathanson
- America Unites for Life!
- American Medical Association's Statement Condemns Abortion
- Pro-life Articles
Pro-Life News and Features
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Pro-life Articles
Your comments are welcome!
Visit The Forerunner's Discussion Forum!
Who is the Real Jesus?
Ever since the dawn of modern rationalism, skeptics have sought to use textual criticism, archeology and historical reconstructions to uncover the “historical Jesus” — a wise teacher who said many wonderful things, but fulfilled no prophecies, performed no miracles and certainly did not rise from the dead in triumph over sin.
Over the past 100 years, however, startling discoveries in biblical archeology and scholarship have all but vanquished the faulty assumptions of these doubting modernists. Regrettably, these discoveries have often been ignored by the skeptics as well as by the popular media. As a result, the liberal view still holds sway in universities and impacts the culture and even much of the church.
The Real Jesus explodes the myths of these critics and the movies, books and television programs that have popularized their views. Presented in ten parts — perfect for individual, family and classroom study — viewers will be challenged to go deeper in their knowledge of Christ in order to be able to defend their faith and present the truth to a skeptical modern world – that the Jesus of the Gospels is the Jesus of history — “the same yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). He is the real Jesus.
Speakers include: George Grant, Ted Baehr, Stephen Mansfield, Raymond Ortlund, Phil Kayser, David Lutzweiler, Jay Grimstead, J.P. Holding, and Eric Holmberg.
Ten parts, over two hours of instruction!
Running Time: 130 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
That Swiss Hermit Strikes Again!
Dr. Schaeffer, who was one of the most influential Christian thinkers in the twentieth century, shows that secular humanism has displaced the Judeo-Christian consensus that once defined our nation’s moral boundaries. Law, education, and medicine have all been reshaped for the worse as a consequence. America’s dominant worldview changed, Schaeffer charges, when Christians weren’t looking.
Schaeffer lists two reasons for evangelical indifference: a false concept of spirituality and fear. He calls on believers to stand against the tyranny and moral chaos that come when humanism reigns-and warns that believers may, at some point, be forced to make the hard choice between obeying God or Caesar. A Christian Manifesto is a thought-provoking and bracing Christian analysis of American culture and the obligation Christians have to engage the culture with the claims of Christ.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
High Quality Paperback — 40 pages of dynamite!
Revival, Resistance, Reformation, Revolution
An Introduction to the Doctrines of Interposition and Nullification
In 1776, a short time after the Declaration of Independence was adopted, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Benjamin Franklin were assigned to design an official seal for the United States of America. Their proposed motto was Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God. America owes its existence to centuries of Christian political philosophy. Our nation provided a model for liberty copied by nations the world over.
By the 21st century, we need a “Puritan Storm” to sweep away the Hegelian notion that the state is “God walking on earth.” We need revival and reformation in full force to vanquish the problems that plague us as a nation — from government controlled healthcare — to abortion on demand — to same sex “marriage.” This booklet gives a primer on our founders’ Christian idea of government and examines how the doctrine of nullification was woven into the Constitution as a safeguard against federal tyranny. It concludes with the history and theology of civil resistance. A Second American Revolution is coming with the Word of God growing mightily and prevailing! (Acts 19:20).
$7.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
High Quality Paperback — 200 pages
A Reasonable Response to Christian Postmodernism
Includes a response to the book Christian Jihad by Colonel V. Doner
The title of this book is a misnomer. In reality, I am not trying to get anyone to shut up, but rather to provoke a discussion. This book is a warning about the philosophy of “Christian postmodernism” and the threat that it poses not only to Christian orthodoxy, but to the peace and prosperity our culture as well. The purpose is to equip the reader with some basic principles that can be used to refute their arguments.
Part 1 is a response to some of the recent writings by Frank Schaeffer, the son of the late Francis Schaeffer. This was originally written as a defense against Frank’s attacks on pro-life street activism – a movement that his father helped bring into being through his books, A Christian Manifesto, How Should We Then Live? and Whatever Happened to the Human Race? These works have impacted literally hundreds of thousands of Christian activists.
Part 2 is a response to Colonel Doner and his book, Christian Jihad: Neo-Fundamentalists and the Polarization of America. Doner was one of the key architects of the Christian Right that emerged in the 1980s, who now represents the disillusionment and defection many Christian activists experienced in the 1990s and 2000s. There is still great hope for America to be reformed according to biblical principles. As a new generation is emerging, it is important to recognize the mistakes that Christian activists have made in the past even while holding to a vision for the future.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Exposes the Dangers of Abortion to Women!
These shocking eyewitness accounts expose the dangers of abortion not only to unborn children, but to the health and lives women as well. An antidote to the smokescreens of the liberal media, these short clips show what really happens in and around abortion clinics.
Although the content is emotionally gut-wrenching, these videos have been used in church seminars and small groups to educate Christians on the abortion issue and to lead people toward a pro-life position. Contains 2 hours and 40 minutes of materials that can be shown separately.
Watch these pro-life videos on-line.
“These videos helped change my mind from pro-choice to pro-life. Your videos are what did it for me. I will be walking in next year’s March For Life in San Francisco.” — A. Jackson, California
“I was going to have an abortion until I saw your video. Praise Jesus!”
— M. Drew, YouTube Commenter
$4.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)